enough for you {joe burrow}

And you left me there cryin', wonderin' what I did wrong

And you always say I'm never satisfied

But I don't think that's true

'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you

And all I ever wanted was to be enough for you

enough for you - olivia rodrigo

I sat in the middle of my bed while Joe paced around my room, with his hands in his temple.

"You're pregnant? Are you 100% sure? Like it's not a false positive?" He asked me again for what I felt was the 100th time. I rolled my eyes and played with the stitching of my blanket.

"Yes, Joe. I already told you that," I answered him, annoyed. He stopped pacing and stood in front of me. He placed his hand in my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes.

"Don't have an attitude! I just- I just thought we were more careful. What the hell happened?"

"I don't have time for you to try and figure out what happened or how it happened. I'm pregnant. That's all there is to it."

"Are you sure that, you know?" He asked me, which caused my eyes to widen and I stood up to face him.

"Am I sure what, Joseph?"

"Are you sure that I am the father?" I felt tears fill my eyes and all I wanted was to get away from him.

"Get out!" I started pushing him out of my room toward the living room, and hopefully toward the front door, but he wouldn't let me push him any further. "Get out of my house! Get out of my life for all I care! Just leave!" I screamed at him and I could notice that he finally realized what he did wrong.

"Zoey, I didn't mean it like that. Of course, I know that it's mine. I just meant-," he tried to continue but I cut him off.

"No, Joe! Just get out! You meant exactly what you said. Go back to your perfect life with your perfect career and your perfect girlfriend and leave me the hell alone. You might mess around and cheat on your girlfriend and see other people, but you're the ONLY person I've been with. I've tried so hard to make you like me, to make you want me, but all you ever do is use me! You use me and go back to her like what we have is nothing. So there you go! This means nothing to me anymore. You don't have to be there for me or the baby. We're good on our own so you can leave!"

I turned around to go back to my room and I could hear him start to say something, but I slammed my room door shut and locked it. I slid down the door and let the tears finally fall out of my eyes. I heard the front door close slowly and let out a little scream.

Joe has a girlfriend, but I've been his mistress for the past year. I know that it's bad, but I've fallen in love with him and I couldn't let him go until now, of course.

Two weeks later

I pulled into the parking lot of my doctor's office since it was my first official appointment to check on my baby. I walked toward the entrance and saw a figure sitting on a chair. Of course, it was Joe.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I-I just remember that today was your appointment and I wanted to be here for that. Be here for you and for our baby. I know that you said that I didn't have to, but I want to for us and for our baby," he nervously stated, playing with his hands. I stared at him before shaking my head and walking toward the door.

"Our appointment is about to start."

It was awkward and silent as Joe and I waited to get an ultrasound. We wouldn't look at each other nor did we talk to one another. The doctor had rubbed the cold gel across my belly, making me shiver, and that caused Joe to grab my hand. I stared at our intertwined hands for a while but just left them be.

She moved the transducer gently across my skin, causing a picture to form on the screen in front of us. Joe and I stared in awe at our baby in front of us. She moved it for a few more seconds before stripping and pointing at the screen.

"There's your baby," she smiled at us. "I'll leave you two be for a while to fully process this. We'll print a few of these for you to take home. Congratulations again."

She left the room again and Joe turned toward me. He leaned in and kissed my lips, and as much as I didn't want to give in, I still did. He smiled against my lips, placing his forehead on mine. "That's our baby!"

"It is," I whispered back gently.

"It's you," he breathed out.

"Hmm?" I asked confused.

"I want you. Not anyone else. I should have never treated you like that. You're mine and I love that you're mine. I love you. And I want to fully be yours. I've been so unfair to you, but if you choose me, I want you to know that I choose you."

"What about your girlfriend?"

"I broke up with her right after I found out. I want to be there for you and for our baby," I smiled up at him and kissed him gently.

"I'll always choose you."

thank you for reading!! hope you enjoyed. stay tuned :))) hope ur all okay and happy and thriving. enjoy these updates and please read the request page before trying to request. as of right now, requests are CLOSED and getting deleted because it does state that on the request page. i do appreciate all the support, but i am very much backed up and cannot take any more requests as of right now. thank you for understanding. more imagines coming soon! </3