at my worst {michael thomas}

I need somebody who can love me at my worst

No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth

'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first

And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

at my worst - pink sweat$ & kehlani

I looked in the mirror as my hairstylist was finishing up my hair for the night. I smiled at my reflection, happy with how my outfit turned out for the night.

Tonight was the NFL Honors, and I was going as Michael Thomas' plus one. I was a little nervous about showing up because this would be our first public appearance together, but above all, I was excited to share this moment with Michael, as he was expected to win comeback player of the year.

Michael and I have been dating for 8 months, and we had decided to keep it more low-key, so we didn't have to worry about people trying to pry into our lives and our business. Michael came up with the idea that I accompanied him tonight to accept his award, and after a long talk and lots of persuasion, I had finally agreed to go with him. He was very excited that he no longer had to keep me a secret and he got to show me off to all of his friends, teammates, and really the whole world.

"Sheesh!" I heard from behind me, and I looked through the mirror to see Michael, wearing a matching emerald suit to match my emerald dress. "You look beautiful, honey!" He told me, looking me up and down as I stood up to face him.

"Thank you, Mikey," I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Are you excited for tonight?"

"I am, baby. I can't wait to show everyone how beautiful my girlfriend is and then brag about how she is all mine," he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I was talking about winning an award, babe."

"Oh! Yeah, I'm excited about that, too."

"Maybe, we should talk about this one last time," he rolled his eyes so I gave him a light smack in his chest in retaliation. "Are you sure that you want to walk the red carpet with me? If you do that, you might lose your NFL bachelor status."

"I never wanted that status, baby. All I want is you. I can't wait to walk down the carpet with you."

"Okay, if you're sure. But...if you really don't want to, you know that I will still love you and support you through everything."

"I know that you will. You're the kindest, sweetest girlfriend that I've ever had and that's why I want to walk with you and show you off, proudly," I took a deep breath and nodded. "Are you nervous?"

"I guess just a little bit. You're just...you and you're so perfect and so beautiful. I don't want people to think that you deserve better than me. I want you to, I don't know, I guess I hope that you're not embarrassed by walking with me."

"Honey, you're beyond beautiful. You are the most gorgeous person in every room that you walk in. I get butterflies just looking at you, and I know that everyone else will feel that way as well, so if anyone looks at you the wrong way, it's on sight. I could never be embarrassed to be next to you. You make me look better, you make me act better. You make me a better man and I promise that no one will think that I deserve better, it'll be the other way around."

I held onto his hands even tighter and smiled at how sincere he sounded. "Okay, I believe you."

"Good. I would never lie to my queen," he kissed me and pulled me closer into him. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

We made our way to the car and we talked the whole drive to the venue. All my nerves went away with how tight he was holding my hand to reassure me that he was there to protect me. He looked at me one last time before we walked the carpet and smiled.

"You got this."

We made our way onto the red carpet and there were already so many flashes from cameras, but I was ready.

Lights, camera, and action.

thank you for reading!! hope you enjoyed. stay tuned :))) hope ur all okay and happy and thriving. enjoy these updates and please read the request page before trying to request. as of right now, requests are CLOSED and getting deleted because it does state that on the request page. i do appreciate all the support, but i am very much backed up and cannot take any more requests as of right now. thank you for understanding. more imagines coming soon! </3