Chapter 10 - The Familiar Visitor

Achara was in a mist of anxiety that she closed the door .She then lean her body against it with her heart beating at its peak like a drum.
"Knock, Knock, Knock!" that somebody continue to knock the door.
After taking a deep breath, she calm herself down and choose to open the door slowly.
Seeing her weird reaction, the visitor asked " Achara what 's wrong with you? You look as if you have seen a ghost". " I hope it's a ghost instead " Achara internally talk to her mind."
" Aww, it not like that, my dad look so handsome after not seeing for a long time that i have mistaken you as other , haha " Achara replied.
" This girl ,all talk" He secretly rejoiced from the praise.
At this time Achara was hoping with great hope " Please! God, Please don't let him find out". Achara felt guilty for not lefting any food for him. Being a foodie he is, he would not let it go easily. Her though drifted to the memories they share one and a half year ago.
Flash Back : "Don't worry father , although I am settling alone in a far away place, i will send the food for you whenever I have time." But her Adopted Father who was a Bobcat beastmen was not conviced. "Come on Dad, let me go. If i continue to stay here then, they might find out I am not death yet. That crazy males will chase your daughter like crazy". Achara stated." The Bobcat beastmen reply " I will also come along with you, I am worry for you ". " No!!, Dad, if you come it will be too obvious, beside you are the only healer there. " But... " just as he was hesitating ,Achara interrupted and said "

Beside, I am a one star beast men who can defend myself, with my quick legs
and reflects to escape possible danger. I have prove that to you many times since young that i can handle myself. How can i get into danger this easily" she convinced.
Her Adopted father sighed.
"Hmm, OK ,Achara but do promised me that you have to be careful and take care of yourself. Oh and also when you cook thai food, you have to always share it with me ok? I mean always, I like your thai food the best" " phew i though it was a big thing. Absolutely, i can promise that."
End of flashback.

" What are you making me stand here for " her adopted Father asked. " Oh, yeah, i forgot, come in dad ". She welcome the Bobcat beastmen to her new home with a little uneasiness in her heart.
" It's been a long time, I was going to visit you too. What's bring you here? " Achara asked. Deep Inside , she was holding as much as possible not to reveal her freaking mind.
" Aww, One of my stepson asked me to heal his female from a nearby tribe " her adopted father truthfully answered. " "Oh so it like that"she repiled half-heartly while trying to find something to disrupt him.
He then breath in the smell of Achara's Thai cooking. " It 's so fragnant here , i smell something" he stated as he sniff his way to the kitchen.
" Gosh! What to do! I am so doomed ! I could barely hide the smell from his beast sense of smell" Achara worriedly conflicted inside her mind.
Just as Achara was going to strike up a conversation to cook up a whatever reason she could talk, her adopted dad go inside the kitchen. "Wait, umm , No, don't go in".
As he get closer, realization stuck him and whether Achara allow or not he went straight inside her kitchen to where the delicious aroma of the left over thai food is.
Then he slowly turn his head to Achara with a cloudy look on his face. " So, Achara, my beloved daugther what excuse are you gonna make ". Once he enter, Achara already know that she cannot hide anymore. He turn her side after looking at the leftover food with a " you are so over" look. Knowing this ,she instinctively spell out " Oo Ohh! " .In short ,the situation is bad.

She felt a little guilty getting busted. Sweat drip down her forehead. " Ha Ha , Dad , honestly i plan to give it to you, but something come up . Beside it is getting dark. I am a delicate female,how could i go at night , what if your one and only little girl get into danger " she expained. " What danger? What can put harm to a cheetah like you when you run so fast.You have night eye-sight . Beside you are a one star beastmen. If you fly with your wings its only hours to come. Don't think you can fool me with that ". " No, No, why should i fool you" It just i have an accident. You will not believe what happen to me today. I was almost caughted . But she swallow her though of how her body was being taken advantage of. Thinking of it, she blush. Seeing Achara face redden, the Bobcat beastmen ask " Are you alright? Are you sick? Why is your face so red?" Achara then in a panic tone " No!! why would i be sick , i am fine. It's just that the weather is too hot" .

Outside the house it is cold enough that the low temperature result the leaves to be slightly frozen. The cold wind blow inside the window that it give chill to your feet.
Her Adopted Father: "............"

There was a deep slient and an awkward atmosphere. " Haha i mean, i am wearing this thick fur coat, that why i am hot." Inside her mind she is cursing the whole family of a particular annoying someone who have molest her today."Big perverted bastard , not only you harasssd me, you still trouble me until now." Achara get angry thinking about it.

Strangely, A foodie like her adopted father does not throw a tantrum instead
"Well, if it concern with your well-being then it´s ok. Next time if you think it is not a good time ,you don't need to risk taking food to me."
Achara was so touched by her adopted father words. But the next word totally make her want to refund all of it. " Safety is the first, what if you died and there is no one to cook food for me anymore. A wise man have to think for long- term".
At first, Achara was occupied by guilt and fear of getting found out that she doesn't realised it. Now that she look carefully , she saw a little leftover piece stuck on her adopted father chin and he look like he ate something good. " You already had dinner?" " Achara asked.
" My stepson treated me with their village best food, hmm, We had salomon fish together" Her adopted father boasted about it.

Salomon fish

Salomon fish

" No wonder he could still be so calm .Thank gosh!" just as Achara was breathing out of relieve , her adopted father mention " Even though i did not have a chance to eat it, you still have to make something for me." Her adopted father touch his chest and faked
"Ahh, this oldmen heart ache from the daughter lack of concern".
" Alright!Alright . I also does not have a desert yet. Since you also eat dinner, desert would be a perfect option. How about Sticky Rice with Mango, ok?" . " Sure, i would love to have it" He answer delightly changing his expression from hot to cold in a matter of seconds.

Sticky rice with mango is a Thai popular desert which is not too sweet but rich in flavour and it tasted heavenly.
Achara wash the sticky rice clean until the water is clear and cook the sticky rice.In a bowl, she put sugar,salt, coconut milk and panda leave to mixed them throughly.Then, she heat it with medium heat. When the sticky rice is cooked she removed panda leave and dip the sticky rice into it and leave it for 40minutes for the sticky rice to suck in the flavor of the coconut.

Sticky rice with mango

While they were waiting for sticky rice to suck in the flavour of the mixed coconut milk, they have a conversation.
" So , dad any male beastmen still finding for me at there " She asked in curiousity.

Updated on 18 October 2021