Chapter 30 -What is this pervert doing here?

Achara felt awkward by all the eyes that stared at her. Then she saw Rui. Achara widen her eyes a little." Isn't he that hateful stalker? What is this pervert doing here? Is he one of the important guest?." Question popped up inside her mind.

Achara walked slowly to the dining table. While walking, she took a glimpse at Rui a second time and thought,"Look at him acting so upright and gentlemenly. Nobody would be able to relate him with the pervert who peek at my body. Fake gentleman.  Hmmp! Simply hateful." She turned her head away from Rui. Poor Rui did not know that he is simply hated by doing nothing.

Rui thought the chef was someone old and knowledgeable, but it turned out to be a little guy. Achara realised Rui was staring at her a bit longer than usual. Like an eagle, his eyes appeared as if he could see right through her. She became a little bit insecure.
"Why is he looking at me? Wait, what if he realises me? Will he?"

"Aron perfect timing! We are just talking about you". Kalazk interrupted her thoughts.

Suddenly, Achara lowered her head, stepped backwards and hid behind a guard. Everyone was confused by her action. She looked as if she saw someone scary.

"Aron, come out," Kalazk persuaded.
"Haha he seems a bit shy to see new guest,"Kalazk explained.
"Aron! Don't make me say it twice."
Achara cried inside her heart.
She was forced to come out. She came out slowly and hesitantly. She lowered her head a bit in hope to cover her face from Rui.

Kalazk looked at Rui and his two followers and introduced," This is Aron, the one who come up with the dishes idea and the one who cooked today lunch."

"Aron, this is Rui, the leader of the imperial army and these are his two subordinates, Wyatt and Sean," Kalazk introduced them back to Achara.

Achara peeked at Rui and thought, "I thought he was some sidekick. Cannot believe that this pervert is the proud leader of the imperial army. Tsk Tsk Tsk."

"Thank you for your delicious meal, it was the most heavenly lunch I have ever had," Wyatt appreciated.
"Your welcome," Achara replied softly.

Because she lowered her head when she talks, she gave of a shy impression to others.

"Like it, I love it very much. Even if I have to eat this kind of food every day, I am sure I can eat this for the rest of my life. You are such an amazing person,", Sean complimented her honestly.

"I am not that amazing. Just a little better than others," Achara felt shy from the praise.

Rui looked at Achara and sincerely acknowledged, "Thank you. Today meal was really exquisite."

"Of course, it was because I cooked it, so it is going to be delicious. You have never tasted like this kind of dish right?" Achara thought inside her mind.
She gave a "I don't know you" attitude to Rui and purposely ignored him. She then turned to Sean and Wyatt and said,"Oh right! I bring a dessert for you all. This dessert is call apple tart, have some."

(Apple Tart)

(Apple Tart)

Rui felt awkward as if he was talking to the air.
Nobody care whether he was ignored or not, especially his two grateful follower. With words of the new delicious dessert, all their attention were head over heels on the Apple Tart.

It smells so good", Sean expressed.

"Just by looking at it, I cannot wait to taste it", Wyatt conveyed his craving.

Achara professionally cut the apple tarts using a dinning knife. She decided to first serve that hateful bastard who was on her black list.

When Achara came close to serve the apple tart to Rui, Rui could smell a faint sweet fragrance from her. It somehow felt familiar. Her small fingers were white and delicate for a male. Rui thought Achara fingers were really cute.

She cut only a small slice and put it on his plate. Rui expected her to cut another slice and give it to him. Achara smirked. She cut three big sliced and distributed the rest of the remaining apple tart to Kalazk, Wyatt and Sean.

Rui looked at the size of the sliced apple tart on his plate and compared it with the others.
Like a child who food had been taken, Rui looked at Achara and speak.
"Excuse me, this", he looked at his plate and the others.
Before he could say anything Achara speak up, "Oh my, I am sorry. I should have realised it. I must have sliced it wrong."
Rui lips twitched.
"Why does he feel that he was being treated indifferently on purpose?"
"It okay." He just swallowed his grievance out of politeness. As a leader, he should not be stingy on small matter such as food.

"If there is nothing else, then, please excuse me." Achara tried to make her escape.
Kalazk was worried that Rui would be dissatisfied. So he stopped Achara. "Aron, wait!"
He came to her and secretly asked," You cooked extra apple tart right?"

"Nope," she lied to him.
"I know you did. I heard that from the helpers". Kalazk confirmed.
"Well, it was for the helpers who help me today," Achara answered.

"Well, you can make it back for them later, I will tell them to wait. Go bring the extra apple tart here. I will pay twice for it okay?" Kalazk persuaded.

Since Kalazk, who was her tribe leader personally request, how could she deny. She had to give him face. Besides she will earn twice. It actually no big deal for her.

"Okay,"Achara agreed.

Achara went home and brought the another apple tart she made as an extra to the dinning area.
When she entered a second time to serve the dessert, she made sure to lower her head as much as possible. But she was so focused on lowering her head that she did not realise her surrounding. She bumped with one of the chair and slipped the apple tart off her hands. During her fall, the apple tarts flew right to Rui and hit his handsome face.
Everyone was speechless and petrified with their mouth open.

For Wyatt and Sean, their leader was always the one to attacked others. It was the first time, they see their leader suffered.

After Achara recovered from the fall and got up, she discovered that the apple tart went straight to Rui face. Rui was the leader of the imperial army. Plus Kalazk told her repeatedly that he was an important guest. To someone like him to be in this situation, she didn't know how he would respond.

She covered her mouth out of this unexpected situation.
"Oh no," she muttered.

Her heart beat faster out of anxiety.

............................................................
Updated on 10th December 2022