Chapter 34 - Collecting the Reward

The Sun started to rise and the air was fresh and cool in the morning. A fraction of soft sunlight spread upon half of Rui's handsome face.

"Chirp! Chirp!" the laughter and the tweeting of the birds woke Rui up. Rui slowly opened his drowsy eyes and rubbed them. This was one of the best sleep Rui ever get.

At that time, Achara was cooking and the delicious aroma from the kitchen spread to Rui's room. He smelt the aroma of the cooked meat with spices. Curious, he got up from his bed and followed the directions of the aroma.

There, he saw Achara cooking in her apron. He slowly walked behind her and his head leaned above her shoulder to look what she was cooking.

Achara was focused on her cooking that she did not realize a particular person coming closer to her.

When Achara turned around, she was met with magnified Rui face that was just inches apart from her. Their nose almost touches each other.

"Wahhh! You, what are you doing?", Shocked, she stepped backward out of fright.

Achara calmed herself down pressing her hand to where her heart was.

"This guy! Did he has a habit of walking like a ghost,"Achara thought.

The first time they met at the waterfall, it was also like that.

Instead of answering her question, Rui asked,What are these?"

Achara made sure she was in an appropriate distance with him and answered, "These are dumplings, dim sum, sweet porridge, noodles and baked potatoes".

Seeing that there was large amount of them, Rui asked," Are you going to eat them alone?"

"No, these are for selling. I sell breakfast at my stall till morning. Not only that I also sell medicine and some spices," Achara answered.

"I see."

Rui then went back to his room. A few minutes later, he came back with a red gem in his hand and showed it to Achara.

Then he asked," Will this be enough, if I take all of these?"

Since his army haven't had a good rest these few weeks, he wanted to treat them something good.

"This, this is the red gem", Achara said in surprised.

To get the red gem, one must be able to defeat a five-star level beast. This amount was equivalent to seven-year worth of food saving for a large family in beast world. Even if one had many moneys, this red gem cannot be bought easily. With this red gem, one could create many stamina strengthening potion. The benefits were endless.

"It's more than enough. I don't have any chain to give you back," Achara hesitated.

"It okay. Keep it. You can cook for me in the future when I ask." Rui did not mind.

Achara had to cook for herself and cook meal to sell for her stall. One more person was not a problem to her at all. She was willing. Besides, obtaining this kind of red gem was extremely difficult.

After this, Achara perspective of Rui changed a little. "Not bad, at least he is beneficial as a potential customer."

Since Rui had some matter to deal with, he went out and his two subordinates who came to pick him carried the breakfast meant for the army.