Chapter 43 - Expose

After Trex appearance, the guard seriously take their job and find any intruder thoroughly. A group of guards searched near Achara hiding place.

"I smell something sweet. Do you smell it?"

"Yeah. Me too. Hmm", the rest of the group nodded.

Achara blamed herself for eating snack at this important time. It was the smell of the snack that the feral detect. There was only a stone covering her from their sight. Their footstep became closer and closer. Judging from their voices and footsteps, there were a total of five of them.

The closer they were the faster her heart beat was. She thought of an idea and decided to follow it.

She threw the smoke bomb to the feral to temporarily blur their eyesight. Then, she lighted up a match and set fire on her arrow. Quickly, she hit it to one of the trees. The trees start to caught fire, burning the scent concealing leaves which was their resources. The fire quickly spreaded from one tree to another.

She only decided to distract them with the fire but who knew that the fire would become so big. "Oh no. Oops."

At that time, Trex came out of the tunnel. Seeing the fire burning the scent concealing forest, Trex decided to stop the fire first. " Everyone stop! go gather the water and extinguish the fire."

Thankfully, Trex took more than half of the guard with him. The rest were left to guard.

Achara did not dare to stay in this area anymore. She run from her current hide out to a little further place.

Unfortunately, one of the guards noticed her and shouted with his loud voice, "Intruder! Somebody capture him."As Achara was dress as a male, the feral assumed Achara as a "He".

The sound attracted many other feral guards. More and more feral guard joined in to chase her.

She was suddenly caught by a pair of hands. Her mouth was covered and she was trapped by an arm. She started to struggle. With a low voice, that persons placed his lips near her ears and then whispered ," It's me." His voice was low and sexy. Realizing it was Rui, she stopped her struggle.

She noticed that one of his hand was hugging her waist and the other was covering her mouth.

Realizing their position, Achara bit his hand covering her mouth. "Ouch, You! " Rui was speechless.

"Who say you could hug me. I don't like skin contact okay?" Achara put a little distance from him.

Rui sighed, he didnt want to argue with such trivial things and looked at the impact of the fire in front of him.

Before Achara could make any more assumption about him, " Rui asked, "Who stupidly set this fire?"

The fire burned lots of scent concealing leaves and Rui heard it takes years to grow them. Having scent concealing leave as a resource was a great advantage especially in battle and ambush. It would be beneficial for his army if he could obtain them. It was also a vital resource for hiding especially in life and death matter.

For the feral, this resource was precious and could determine the success of a raid. In short, no one would think to burn these precious resources.

"Why?" Achara asked.

"It me." When Achara admitted it. Rui gave her an unimpressive look.

As someone who created a scent concealing spray, Rui was sure that Achara know better than anyone how beneficial they are.

Although he did not say it directly, his every expression directed the words "Stupid." To her obviously. Achara was offended by his gaze.

Rui then said, "Never mind, let just escape from this place. "