Chapter 32

A/N: Content warning for m/m sex, bondage, bruises, biting

Xie Yi-jun

1303 years after The Long Night

Banks of Darkling Pond

<War Room>

Sighing in frustration, Xie Yi-jun was deep in the middle of going over this week's security and battle plan, a task he resented having to do at all, when the candles on the table flickered with a gust of wind...

So wrapped up in his work, it took the young King several moments before he recognized the familiar lightness in his heart, the one that meant his lover was near.

Not in the best mood, Yi-jun only managed a thin, tired smile for the man when he peeked inside the tent. The King had been the only one here for the last three days, and it looked like he'd need to spend at least one more...

Jin Songcai did what he usually did when greeting him after they'd been parted for a while. He quickly stepped closer to Yi-jun and spent several minutes surveying the minor scrapes and bruises he'd retained while on the training field.

Wordlessly, Songcai took both of Yi-jun's hands, felt his pulse, noticed the calluses on his fingers as well as the numerous ink stains from writing all night.

When at last blue eyes flickered up to his, Xie Yi-jun's heart warmed. He was in the presence of Jin Songcai again, and for him, each moment was like heaven on Earth.

"I told you not to overwork yourself, you're getting too thin and I'm worried about your heart..."

Xie Yi-jun rolled his eyes and took back one of his hands, simply so he could press his index finger to the young healer's lips.

"My heart only beats like this for you," Yi-jun cooed.

After a moment of staring into those gorgeous eyes, the King was startled when Songcai abruptly pursed his lips. Heat already rising on his face, he took a chance, sliding the pad of his finger across Songcai's peach-colored bottom lip.

His breath caught when his lover's most slowly opened, Jin-cai flickering his tongue out shyly and then biting the tip of Yi-jun's outstretched finger.

"Ouch,"

Songcai's eyes never left his, and Yi-jun became compelled to see what else his lover wanted to do. The King only had a few moments to wonder what it could be, before he was watching the man lean back upon the edge of the table, hands falling to the sash at his waist...

Entranced, Yi-jun was at a loss for words as Songcai slowly, achingly slowly, undid the white tie, pulling apart his outer robes and then beginning on the inner.

Having to swallow back the desire rising within him, Yi-jun realized he'd stepped forward, hands finding their way to Songcai's thighs and eagerly pulling his knees apart.

The healer adjusted by leaning back more on the war room table, legs spread, back arched, and the King was helpless to watch as his lover stared deep into his eyes, and then opened his shirt...

God, his skin is beautiful. Like blank parchment-

How come all I want to do is put bruises on him?!

"Xie-jun?"

The King realized his lover's hands were hovering above his chest now, asking for permission. Throat tight, he was unable to speak so he just nodded, watching the flicker of joy explode from within Songcai's azure eyes. Then nimble fingers were pulling at the ties on his collar, unbuttoning his coat first and then reaching for the sash. Yi-jun let Songcai undress him until all but his shoes and trousers were discarded on the floor.