Chapter 80

Xie Yi-jun

1302 years after The Long Night

Wúmeng

<Town Hall>

"I'm sorry, that's all I can offer you..."

Jin Bai-Xing's words sounded genuinely apologetic, though it was hard to tell with those from Wúmeng, especially their leader. Everyone here tended to have a kind spark to their eyes that just made you trust them, no doubt because of their nature as healers.

That being said, the King still had to try not to allow his frustration to be shown on his face. Though it was probably clear in how his hands had already turned to fists on the table...

"All due respect," he attempted to smile. "But one man isn't going to do a whole heck of a lot from where I'm standing."

The leader across from him remained calm, responding smoothly; "Perhaps if you met the healer in question? He is our best, uniquely gifted-"

Xie Yi-jun had to scoff.

"Frankly, I don't require healers. I require soldiers with heavy hands. I appreciate the offer, but until further notice I have no need for-"

Yi-jun stopped talking the moment he realised all eyes in the room were no longer on him, instead, everyone suddenly gravitated toward the door.

He also felt the slight shift in the air of someone's alarmingly bright aura entering the room, but instead of looking as well Xie Yi-jun was currently frowning, wondering dumbly what could have just caused all of the tension to leave his body in a heartbeat.

"Ah, just who we need!" The village head sighed, nodding. "This is Jin Songcai..."

The King blinked a few times before he realised he was being spoken to. Turning, it was still very much at the forefront of his mind that he was apparently not going to be getting the kind of help he needed from these people.

Then, the moment Yi-jun's eyes fixed upon the man standing in the doorway, all his thoughts and frustrations vanished, the headache he was nursing transforming miraculously into a drunken sort of pleasure...

What on earth-

Jin Songcai was the most beautiful person Yi-jun had ever seen. And not just his face; pale like winter with flawless features, bright blue eyes and dark peach lips... it was his energy.

Xie Yi-jun could feel it now. It was definitely coming from the man. Something he could only describe as light, swirling through the room, affecting everyone including him.

The man stared back at him, and Yi-jun was speechless as he realised he had never before felt like this in the mere presence of another person. It was overwhelming, it was calming. It made everything vanish except his curiosity as to what the man might do next...

Jin Songcai bowed gently, his long ivory-colored hair falling over his shoulder as he lowered those piercing eyes. The moment he spoke it was as if the King could feel his voice inside his own head. Jin Songcai might as well have been whispering directly into his ear-

"An honor..."

Finally recalling that he was supposed to breathe, not only that but make a deal with these people, Xie Yi-jun closed his mouth that was probably hanging open for far too long and turned back to Jin Bai-Xing with as good of a poker face as he could manage.