Ch. 26 - 20 Questions

"Ooh, ooh!" Snasy waved their arm crazily as if in elementary school. "Me first!" When they had successfully gotten everyone's attention, they turned to Gaster. "How gay are you?"

Immediately Spiffy gave them a light smack as Gaster laughed.

"Seriously?" Spiffy said, so done with Snasy's tomefoolery (ok, not really, but still). "We should ask the important stuff first!"

"Truuuue." Snasy said, turning again to Gaster with a smirk. "So are you?"

"Oh my god." Spiffy covered their face to escape their loonacy.

Meanwhile Gaster was still laughing.

"*I think I'm a little old for you. But I am homosexual and panromantic to answer your question."

Snasy blinked. "I honestly didn't expect a real answer, I was just memeing. And FYI, I am an adult, it's just that we could only make child Avatars in the menu ... though now that I think about it I might be able to change that if I found the right line of code."

*You're an adult!? Nomad singed in a flurry of surprised hand movement.

Rover outright looked like they had been betrayed and had a very guarded expression. Most Chara's (and even Frisk's) were head cannoned as having bad experiences with adults or parents. Spiffy was reminded that they were from Outertale and wondered what caused a bunch of kids to be sent in rockets all alone in outer space. It ... they decided that it might be too personal to ask, and too hard to answer.

"How old are you?" Rover asked.

"Twenty-three." Snasy answered. "Spiffy's twenty."

Nomad and Gaster signed at the same time.

*You're old.

"*You're still too young."

Then there was Rover who said simply. "Huh."

"What about you three?" Snasy asked.

*Ten.

"Forteen."

"Before I fell, I had just recently passed six-hunderad and sixty-six."

Everyone kind of gave Gaster a blank look.

*Correction. Frisk signed. *YOU are old.

"*Yes. Yes I am." He agreed, smirking.

Spiffy sighed. "And here I thought we were going to ask the important question first." They turned to Gaster. "What's the state of the Balance's?"

Gaster hummed before answering. "*From what I've heard, Creation is very nearly overpowering Destruction. Life and Death continue to be balanced. Positivity and Negativity are fairly balanced with only minimal corrections needed to be made every month or so to introduce more Negativity."

"Are both sides aware that the Balance exists?" Snasy asked, finally taking things seriously.

"*Creation and Positivity are unaware, but Dream seems to know well enough that not everything is, or should have positive emotions associated."

On the one hand, it was unfortunate Error had to go through all this, but on the other, Spiffy was secretly relieved they wouldn't have to fear an insane Error trying to kill them for being an anomaly. Well, at least it lowered the chance. FGoD Errors were usually nice, but that didn't mean they all were.

*Is Dream the guy in charge of Positivity? Frisk asked. *Who else is?

"*Yes. Dream for Positivity and his brother Nightmare for Negativity. Reaper for Death and Vita for Life. Error for Destruction and his cousin Ink for Creativity, not that either remember that."