Ch. 52 - A Promise Made

The party went rather well, in Fresh's opinion. Now that time was being perceived normally, things progressed well, one song sung after the next.

They laughed and joked, knowing even if this moment was only temporary, it was theirs and it wasn't wasted.

The next song ended up being Chaos singing Outrunning Karma. And judging by the smirks directed at the air whenever the word karma came up, Fresh could guess they were teasing a certain deity. They probably drew their own name from the hat.

Next up was Sci singing the opening to The Big Bang Theory. Some even decided to join in on the first bit.

Core's name (as Frisk) was drawn and given the song Ghost by Confetti. Whenever the line "now you see me, now you don't" came up they disappeared somewhere around the room. Mostly behind one of them so that the next line would make them jump.

Killer was given the song Bodies by Drowning Pool, which eventually turned into a mosh pit - until Nightmare put a stop to it. Unfortunately the exact moment Killer was going to try crowd surfing and ended up landing on the cleared floor.

When that song was done Cross pulled the last name and paused.

Blue to sing Blue Da Ba Dee by Eiffel 65.

With a smile, Cross set the paper aside for Blue when he got back from whatever that meeting was about. Even though last time Blue took one look at the song, dropped the mic and promptly left the stage with a huff and would likely continue that pattern until they changed the song.

"that's everyone who's here." Cross announced. "now that the ice breaker is over, who wants to go first?"

Error surprisingly took the stage for the first chosen song of the evening.

"I-I-I-I would like to dedicate this song to everyone." He shifted and tried to avoid eye contact as he scratched a cheek. "You guys bring j-j-j-joy to an otherwise bland existence and I wanted to say ... Thank you."

He gave Cross his choice and it started. His song was Innocent by Our Lady Peace.

At first, only a couple joined for the course but by the end, they were all joining in one way or another. Even Nightmare was mouthing the lyrics.

Fresh couldn't help but look around and see how the song brought back memories for everyone. Not one in this room was without a past they couldn't change, full of things they wish they could.

A Fate they couldn't escape.

Fresh felt more like the stranger looking in from the outside then he ever had.

So imagine his surprise when Error pulls him aside afterwards.

"What up, Error-bruh?" Fresh asked, curious.

Error held up his phone to show Fresh the text Fresh had sent about sending furbies to help destroy AU's.

"Listen. You're soul's in the right place, b-b-b-but I'm going to need you to put a hold on this. A-A-A-At least until things get ... bad."

??-??

"Okay??" Fresh sent 69 a DM in the messaging system. Judging by the ellipsis it was a reluctant agreement. "Y'mind 'splaining ta me the why, dawg?"

"There's this ... plan Destiny has. And I'm unsure this w-w-w-was accounted for."

Fresh made the go on gesture. They vaguely recall Void mentioning that.

Error sighed. "As you should know, one's Fate c-c-c-cannot be changed, but using Destiny's influence you can reinterpret the m-m-m-meaning or details of it in rare cases." Error waited for Fresh to give a confirmation that he did, in fact, know that, and Void didn't leave him unaware. Error received a so-so gesture from Fresh and decided that was good enough.