Ch. 36 - Shopping For New Duds

Tiffa didn't improve very much with their lie detection ability as they walked. He didn't exactly make it easy either. But the fact that she knew a lot about his alternates gave her an edge.

"I punched Ink in the face."

"True." There was no hesitation, but no magic.

"Yep ... my favorite color is blue."

"Uuuh ... true?"

"False. It's pink, yo. I have never been on a roller coaster."

"That's gotta be false."

"True."

"Funk."

"Language. I've never tried to swear."

She gave that one some thought. "True...?"

"Are ya askin' or tellin', broski?" Fresh teased.

"True." She said more confidently.

"False." He said to her surprise. "I forcefully self censor and glitch a little. I've never tied my shoes before."

She looked at his tied shoes, then back to Fresh's face who was now wiggling his eyebrows.

"False."

"True. I just teleported them on. Doesn't mean I don't know how though."

"Oh my god." She groaned with a face palm. "That's so lazy."

Fresh shrugged. It went on like that for some time as they followed Black deeper into the mall.

When they finally stopped outside the store Black was bringing them too Fresh did a 180 and started walking away before Black even noticed. Tiffa covered a hand over her mouth so as to not laugh and give him up.

"THERE." Black gestured grandly at the store. "THIS PLACE SHOULD HAVE SOME- HEY GET BACK HERE!"

Speedily he caught up with him and grabbed Fresh's arm and attempted to drag him into the high end store. Sure there were kids' clothes but they looked uncomfortable. Not to mention not at all Fresh's style. Fresh planted his feet and Black was left tagging in futility, feet sliding along the floor as Fresh pulled away. No way was he going in there.

Unfortunately his heelys betrayed him, Black maneuvering him like some kind of dolly loading boxes. Fresh drooped his weight on him to make it harder. It just gives him more leverage. So he did what any totally-an-adult would do and grabbed the frame to the door before he could drag him in.

He's not childish. You're childish.

"Nope, nuh-uh." Fresh said. "Not my style, broski."

"WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY YOU ARE GOING!" He huffed out through grit teeth as he failed to move Fresh even an inch further.

"Listen listen listen." Fresh got out quick. "If I gotta wear stripes, I'mma wear them my style. Capiche?"

"OH COME ON - YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED ANYTHING ON YET!"

Fresh sighed. He felt like this was going to take a while.

"BESIDES. YOUR FRIEND ASKED FOR SOMETHING AS WELL."

With a groan, Fresh was led into the store.

For those two.

***

Some (a long) time later, and several stores later, Tiffa was holding a bag with new (dressy) shirts for Spiffy and Snasy. She didn't get anything for herself, but did look longingly at a PC components store.

Fresh had also gotten a new shirt and vest that he was currently wearing. Just not the kind Black approved of.

A striped rainbow shirt with large half sleeves and a striped puffer vest with three stripes (blue, red and yellow) on the top with the lower half a beige. It was all over top of a regular black long sleeve. It was the best they could get out of him.