Ch. 70 - Quartet

"So this is your radical AU creation station, huh broski?" Fresh said, a hand shielding his shades from the far off eternal sunset as he took in the Doodlespere.

Paper dotted the horizon as far as he could see, and likely further - uncountable in their numbers and blacking half of the twilight sky from sight. Each sheet of floating white contained the core code to an AU and acted as a portal for those who knew how.

"Yep!" Ink said cheerily, pointing into the distance. "If you go far enough out, the AU's also show up in their island form! Or you can flip the switch and it swaps so that the papers are the ones hidden." Ink exclaimed proudly.

Fresh looked around at the more immediate surroundings.

They were on a floating grassy island the size of a football stadium, easels, paint cans, pencils, string and other art supplies were strewn about the area, roughly sorted into large art media sections. In some places there were tables and chairs to work at. In others it was just the ground or quilts. Digital, clay, fabric, traditional - there seemed to be an organized chaos across the island that, had Fresh not known better, would have taken the area as an art supply dumping ground. Luckily, though, he was still taller than all the piles - Inks short stature likely playing a reason.

The largest open space seemed to be in the middle where sheets upon sheets of sketches and drawings were strewn about the floor. Some were piled haphazardly and others seemed to have been forgotten and abandoned in the middle of working on it.

Over all it gave the impression of some sort of abandoned art festival where no one had any organizational skills.

"I don' see a switch broseph." Fresh pointed out as he looked over the chaos.

"It's, uh ... um." Ink's eyelights became a swirl and question mark as he also took in the area. "Somewhere?" He shrugged.

Fresh stared for a second.

"Okey-dokey, moving on. Do you have them radical blueprints?"

"Wha- Oh! Right." He patted his pockets coming up empty. "Uhhhh...." He looked up from his pocket lint and gave Fresh a sheepish smile.

He had lost them. Somehow.

Fresh sighed and pinched his nasal ridge. He pulled up the Commands and began typing.

Ink watched Fresh type curiously. "What-chya doin~?"

"If I be usin' /summon correctly ..." He hit enter and a list of the items in Dreams Inventory appeared in front of him. He smiled, and selected the blueprints, taking them. "Multiversal item retrieval, broski." He held up the paper, wiggling it in victory.

It's a good thing he remembered what the blueprints were called.

"Woah that's cool!" Ink exclaimed, as Fresh opened the moderator chat hub. He asked questions faster than answering was possible. "What else can you do? Does it work anywhere? What about when-"

Fresh handed Ink the blueprints to Ink, distracting him and wrote Mods a quick message on how the honey pot AU was being made. Probably best to let them know so they could meet up as was planned.

Fresh answered Inks questions absently. "I can do a lot o' things, yes, and hold that thought, broski."

He gave them a time to meet that would let them be able to explore the AU first if they wanted. Also let them know he was cool with plus ones.

Message complete and pleased with himself, Fresh turned to Ink. "What was that last question?"

Ink looked up from reading the blueprints, eye light turning from stars to confused spirals.