Chapter 16

Breathing deeply, I stared at the ground beneath me and turned to the trunk of the tree.

"You better work, or else I'm going to kill you." I said to the knife wrapped around the bottom of my boot.

Exhaling, I hopped on one leg before slamming the knife in my right hand as hard as I could into the tree.

Embedding inside its trunk, I grabbed the hilt with my left hand and grabbed my other knife and lodged it inside the tree again.

Holding onto the hilts for dear life, I clung on and stepped off the branch.

My breathing quickened as I was hanging for dear life, putting as little pressure into my left hand as I grunted and kicked the tree with my right foot.

The knife slammed into the tree as I tested it out slightly and it stayed.

"Thank the walls for these knives." I mumbled as I clenched the hilt again before closing my eyes and opening them again.

I carefully pulled the knife out of the tree, wincing as I put a lot of pressure into my broken left wrist, but set my jaw and kept moving.

It was an extremely cautiously slow procedure as I kept my balance.

I think I almost slipped three times.

My heart had leapt out of my chest when I hadn't placed the knife into the tree well enough, making it fall out when I stood on it.

I screamed as I hung with the two knives in hand.

Thankfully, I survived.

Three times.

Such close calls which would've ended very badly.

Finally, after millions of years, I had reached the base of the tree.

My leg gave out in relief as I clenched the grass in between my fingers with such happiness, I cried.

I cried of happiness for a few minutes before I picked myself back up.

I don't know how long I was walking for, I just kept pushing forward until I realised the sky was becoming brighter and brighter.

Only then, did I know that I had been walking all night and the sun was rising.

I smiled slightly as I was thankful for the source of light but now it means I would probably run into titans.

And that meant game over for me.

I continued walking until I finally reached the end of the forest and entered the clearing.

"Finally..." I whispered out as my knees shook.

However, all relief washed away as I heard the snap of something behind me.

My heart skipped a beat as I turned towards the sound, waiting for the smiling face of the titan to appear in front of me.

Squeezing my eyes close, hoping the last thing I saw wasn't a titan, I looked away but when nothing happened, I opened them slightly and gasped.

Because what was in front of me was most definitely not a titan.

No, it was like a god to me.

It was a Jean.

"No way..." I said as I took a step towards the horse.

It's ears pricked up as it saw me and I thought it would run away, but I saw the saddle on its back.

I clicked my tongue twice as I saw its ears twitch as it cautiously walked towards me.