Chapter 4

- - 3 years later - -

"Get her!" Someone yelled as I just leapt over the crates, knocking them off the wagon and grabbed a hand full of food.

"Someone call the Military Police!" Another person shouted, but their voices were far away by now.

I flew over the city, careful to avoid Military Police as I landed on the top of my house.

I opened the trap door, sliding inside.

Listening carefully, I could hear the people searching for me as I shrugged the ODM gear off.

Hiding it carefully, someone knocked on my door as I also discarded the hood I kept on.

Shaking my hair slightly, I opened the door with a forced smile on my face.

"Is anything wrong?" I asked to Military Police who looked awestruck at the sight of me.

"Uh... no we were just..." He stammered before clearing his throat.

"You haven't seen someone with gear like ours, have you?" The man asked as I wore a surprised look on my face.

"No, sorry I haven't." I said as he just nodded, mumbling his thanks before running off.

Sighing, I closed my door and walked over to the couch.

It was silent.

No sound of slight snoring or the sound of bottles clinking.

My father had died a year after Levi, Farlan and Isabel had left.

But not after he found out I had kept the 3D Manoeuvre Gear hidden from him.

It had been terrible, how he shouted at me for keeping something he could've sold for so long.

He did end up selling it.

So I was stuck back on the ground.

It took me another two months to get my hands on the gear.

It wasn't safe for me to stay around the house, not with his friends.

So I was forced to live on the streets for a year. 

But I still tended for him, sneaking in at night to check up on how he was doing.

Until the day he had died from his terrible habits of booze and drugs.

I saw his dead body and some part of me mourned his death, the other was slightly relieved that he was finally gone.

For two years, I've partially lived by myself.

And for the last two years, I've been known as the Raven.

The Raven who stalked the nights and caused trouble and death.

But nobody really knew it was me.

I didn't want anyone to know, not when Levi, Isabel and Farlan had disappeared.

An old man who found them and took advantage of them for his own personal uses.

If people didn't know who the Raven was, then nobody could use me.

Or so I thought.

- - -

It was just every other day I had gone out, hood over my head and gear strapped on as I soared over the city.

Until I spotted a child in the hands of a man.

That pissed me off.

The child was merely a little girl and the man had her wrist in his grip as she squirmed to escape.