Chapter 50

I dropped down below, catching a horse by its reins as a scout flinched a little as I passed the reins back into their hands.

"Don't lose the horses, now get going." I urged as I launched back up, breathing heavily.

"Y/n." A familiar voice called as I glanced to the side and watched Levi drop down beside me.

"You should take a break. You're already wounded at it is, the others said they'll clean up front." Levi said as I pursed my lips together.

"I can still move." I argued as Levi gave me deadpanned look.

"Well one of us should at least check on the other side-" Levi didn't finish that sentence when there was the sound of glass shattering, wood splintering and screaming.

Everything seemed to slow down as something whizzed past my vision as I barely caught on the mysterious object.

Rocks?

I raised my arms to protect myself, against what, I wasn't too sure but as I looked up, my eyes widened in shock as the houses at the front tore into nothing but debris, dust billowing up, mixing with the red mist in the sky.

No, not red mist.

Blood.

The dust slowly cleared away and I almost felt sick as I looked down.

Dead bodies scattered everywhere.

Some moving. Some not.

"W-What." I stammered, stumbling a step forward as Levi stood beside, frozen in shock.

I slowly looked up, staring at the Beast titan that seemed to be flexing his hand before grabbing another rock that seemed to be being piled beside him.

Since when could the Beast Titan throw so many rocks?

I felt dumb as I watched the Beast Titan pick up a rock and break it in his palms as my face paled.

"Frontal bombardment! All troops, take cover!" Erwin's commanding voice warned us all, but I took another step forward.

"No, they're not gonna..." I started as I heard Levi swear beside me.

"Shit! You guys!" He shouted but I suddenly leapt forward, hooks speeding towards the front, where all the dead bodies were scattered.

I dropped down beside a body.

She was still alive, moaning in pain.

I couldn't make out who it was.

Her face was a mess. It was bleeding. Her legs and arms were bent at a strange angle.

But that wasn't the worst part.

There were holes in her.

Literally holes that had somehow passed through her entire body leaving a hole in her abdomen.

Not even a gunshot wound would do something as terrible.

I could see some of her organs that seemed to be drooping out and I fell to my knees.

"Y/n! Get out of there!"

The screams were nothing but distant in my ears.

I've spent years on the battlefield and one would think I've grown used to all the death, the blood, the gore.

But there were certain times when everything would come rushing back.

The images flashed in my head, from dead bodies, to screaming faces, to bloodied hands.