Chapter 7

It's been around half an hour and we've tried to close off the breach in the gate the best we could.

But I knew a few ropes and trenches wouldn't be able to hold off the titans for too long.

I was standing on top of the wall, already seeing some of the titans making their way towards us.

Damnit. Where's Erwin and Levi when you need them? I though to myself as I tightened my grip on the swords.

This wouldn't have happened if I had just killed the Colossal Titan.

"Fire!" Someone screamed, making me blink back into reality as I cursed myself under my breath.

Not now, Y/n. Right now you have the responsibility as one of Humanity's Strongest Soldiers. Blame yourself later.

The Garrisons who had arrived, fired the cannons, hitting a few of the titans making their way.

"Attack!"

I leapt off the wall, drawing closer to the ground as I shot my hooks off and dug them into the houses abandoned outside.

Spinning mid-air, I launched my attack on the titans one by one.

I don't know how long we've been here, but I was panting heavily as I landed on one of the roofs.

"They just keep coming." One of the Garrison soldiers said as I glanced at them.

"We have to keep fighting. We're the one thing keeping them out of the walls for the people to evacuate." I said as they straightened.

"Yes ma'am!" They said as they leapt away.

I glanced at the fallen bodies, a pang of guilt flashing through me.

So much death...

I was going to join the frenzy again but I realised I was nearly out of gas.

Gritting my teeth in annoyance, I rushed to find the Captain of the Squads.

"Sir!" I shouted as one of them turned to me.

"I'm nearly out of gas. I'll go back to HQ and return out here." I said but the Captain shook their head.

"No, once you refill, we need you to go search for Commander Erwin Smith and the Survey Corps." The Captain said as I blinked in shock.

"But-" I started.

"You are one of Humanity's Strongest, second to Levi Ackerman. You have a higher chance surviving beyond the walls, solo. And we need the Wings of Freedom right now. That is an order from your commanding officer." The Captain said as I clenched my fists before nodded.

"Yes, sir." I said before shooting off towards the wall, scaling up it and making my way to HQ.

I slammed the doors open, running to find anyone who I could inform.

I clenched my fists tighter when I couldn't find anyone.

"Damnit." I cursed under my breath, running to the gas canisters and grabbed new ones.

I also discarded my swords and grabbed new, sharp ones.

"Y/n-san." Eren said as I spotted him.

"Eren. I need you to tell someone that I'll be leaving to go find the Wing of Freedom." I said as I saw Armin and Mikasa behind the green-eyed boy.

Armin's eyes widened in shock.

"But how will you get past all the titans?" Armin asked as made my way to the stables.