Chapter 21

- - 3rd POV - -

A little past midnight, Levi woke up to a start.

He was still opening his eyes, trying to remember what had happened.

When Levi realised he was lying on top of Y/n's lap, he pushed himself up looking at Y/n who was fast asleep, head tilting to the side.

Levi raised a hand to my eyes, questioning what the hell he was doing.

He had just broken down in front of Y/n.

He had cried.

He promised he wouldn't do that in front of her.

He promised he would be the strong one.

He knows how she tries acting strong, despite feeling absolutely guilty about everything.

He knows, just like she knows everything about him.

Cursing himself for breaking down in front of her, having her clean him, he got up and scooped Y/n up in his arms.

She grumbled a little in her sleep, Levi ignoring it as he walked to her room, opening the door and lowered her to the bed.

She protested at the cold sheets, but fell silent a second later as Levi turned back to go to his room.

Pausing for a second, he looked over his shoulder to look at her sleeping form, marvelling at how her h/c hair framed her face.

Shaking off the thoughts, he walked back.

- - Y/n POV - - 

I had woken up to the sound of the door slamming open.

I leapt up, thinking I had been Levi's room, but I was somehow back in my room.

However, I shook it off as the cadet informed me of the arrival of the Survey Corps and the Military Police.

I changed quickly, folding Levi's clothes neatly and made my way around the halls.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Levi said from inside as I pushed it open.

"Commander Erwin." I said as I took in his form.

His right arm was completely gone, bitten off by a titan from below the shoulder.

However, before I said anything, my eyes fell on another figure on the room.

"Commander Pixis." I said, saluting as he nodded.

I lowered my hand as I walked over to Levi, grabbing a seat next to him.

"How did this happen? Is Eren safely back?" I asked as Erwin nodded.

"Eren is safe." Erwin said as I sighed in relief before glaring at him ever-so-slightly.

"Perhaps if you had taken me along with you, you wouldn't be in this poor state." I said seriously as Erwin and Pixis blinked, before the both of them bursting into laughter.

"Humanity's Second Soldier is much more entertaining than our first." Pixis said as I blinked in confusion.

"If the cost of having Humanity's Strongest Soldiers was my arm, then so bet it." Erwin as I sighed.

However, another knock on the door made me look up.

"It's Hange. Come in." Levi said as the door opened, revealing the scientist.

"Pardon the interruption, Erwin." Hange said, her eyes lighting up as she spotted me, however she kept herself composed in front of the Commander of the Garrison, saluting.