Chapter 51

GUESS WHO IS BACKKKKKKKK

MEEEEEEEEEEEE

- - - 

I paused as I closed my eyes, listening to Erwin's footsteps also stop as I felt him stare at me.

He didn't say anything, only waiting for me to speak up as I finally whispered something out.

"You have a plan." I softly muttered, loud enough for Erwin to hear as he didn't reply, hesitating for a second before letting out a sigh.

"Yes." Erwin replied, his voice void of all emotion.

I pressed my eyes harder together, as if I could all imagine this was nothing but a dream.

However, I knew it wasn't. It couldn't be.

I turned around, "Not all of us are surviving, are we." I whispered.

Not a question, but a statement.

There was a loud boom as another boulder seemed to have drawn even closer towards us, the sound of panicked voices as well as screaming filled the air as the wind whipped around us.

Another pause.

"Yes." Erwin finally replied as I stood, unmoving and still.

Before I finally let out a small chuckle, opening my eyes.

"I thought so." I admitted as I looked up at Erwin, whose eyes seemed to be steeled, as if he had already known all along, that these sacrifices were to come into play.

However, there was something else in his eyes.

Something I hadn't seen.

Guilt.

"Y/n... I know that you and Levi-" Erwin started as I cut him off before he could carry on.

"Commander Erwin, I already guessed from the start that this operation would mean that one of us were to be put into a situation." I said, voice firm as Erwin's eyes widened a little.

"And I knew it was me." I said, pausing for another second but forced myself to carry on. 

"It was bound to happen. I've already encountered the abnormal Beast titan, and there was no chance that the titan would forget me." I looked into the distance, watching the Beast Titan grab another boulder from beside it and take stance again.

"Whatever happens..."

Another loud sound of wood splintering, glass smashing and panicked screaming.

"If Levi can survive, I am willing to lay my life down for humanity, as I have done all these years." I finished, staring at Erwin with hard eyes.

He continued to stare at me, before nodding.

"I admire your bravery, but nonetheless, I do wish to apologise. I hoped that at least the two of you would get to see a future without this bloodshed as you deserve." Erwin said as I glanced away, staring at Levi who was trying to calm down the cadets, ordering them.

"Yeah. Well, at least one of us will hopefully reach that peace." I muttered softly before looking back at Erwin.

"So, what is the plan, Commander?"

- - 3rd POV - -

Levi clicked his tongue in annoyance as he glanced at Erwin and Y/n, who seemed to be deep in discussion as he turned to the cadets.

"Keep as far as you can from the houses! Falling debris could be the death of you!" Levi shouted as he glanced at Erwin and Y/n again, only to see them heading towards his direction.