Chapter 4- An Incomplete Lullaby

Hiyoko Sayonji was accused the most in the second trial. Even though you had disliked the childish foul-mouthed dancer a little too much, you found it hard to believe she would murder the only person she actually got along with.

This trial was less stressful than the other one, mostly because it did not involve Nagito, you or Mikan. You were sure he was completely uninvolved, being tied up when the tragic incident occurred.

You could not help much except for your one statement, but Hinata participated most actively, leading Nanami and then Nagito.
That's just how smart they were, you admired in awe. Any other ordinary group of high schoolers could never accomplish how far they had gotten. Were you starting to think like Nagito? It was a little unsettling how much he might have influenced you unknowingly.
It turned out Peko Pekoyama had been the blackened this time. Kuzuryu begged and pleaded for her to not leave him, but their tragic farewell was interrupted as Monokuma's minions advanced on to her; him leaping between them to shield her, getting gravely injured in the process.
Monokuma reluctantly agreed to help him, having to obey the rules he had made himself.

The Ultimate Musician arranged a little single concert a few days later during the night, for Fuyuhiko, who had lost an eye and a great deal of his strength. The concert progressed until someone noticed that Owari was missing. Out at the shore of the beach, she was challenging Monokuma at a hand to hand combat battle, her fists clenched at her sides in a fighting gesture, clearly having thrown a punch at him already.

"I told you it's against the rules to manhandle the headmaster...puhuhuhu! Now iiiit's punishment time!" Monokuma pulled out a massive bazooka out of nowhere and aimed it at the Ultimate Gymnast, who was not prepared for a weapon such as this in a fight.
Owari tried to escape, when there was suddenly a flash of light. Everyone's eyes fell on a gravely wounded Nidai, who had darted towards the blow trying to shield her. Owari dropped to her knees by his side, probably unable to process what had just happened, her eyes wide with shock.

"I'm sorry..." She muttered, still staring at Nidai's huge bloody body. "I didn't mean to...I only wanted to kill Monokuma so we could get out of this place...so we would never have to kill or be killed again...N-Nekomaru...I'm sorry..."

Like Kuzuryu, Nidai was rushed to the hospital through Monokuma's ambulance, again having no choice. After all, Nidai had not been the one to infringe the rules.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You sat in your room, gently massaging Nagito's pale translucent locks as you cradled his head on your lap. It felt so tender to touch. The only softer thing you had touched was cotton candy.
"Hey, Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Lean down, I need to tell you something."

Curious, you bent down low to his face and he kissed you all of a sudden without warning. "I'm going to," he said, breaking free after a while "sleep here tonight. Is that okay with you?"

"I do not mind...but what if the others notice?"

"Does it matter? Although, I do understand if you don't want to be seen with someone like me..."
Nagito always played you into doing what he wanted by using this irritating trick.

"Fine." You retorted curtly, crossing your arms. "Do whatever you want."

He raised his head from you lap, realising he had touched a nerve. "You're rather moody today," he said raising an eyebrow, "is something wrong?"

No, nothing was wrong, except for four lives had no already been claimed, with two hovering between life and death; with possibly many more to go. But this was part Nagito's fault. If he had never tried to assassinate Togami...

"No," you shrugged. "Let's just sleep. It is getting late anyway. "

"You're the Ultimate Poet." Nagito stated, raising his above his head animatedly, like an excited child. "Sing me a lullaby. You must have written a lot of those, yes?"