Chapter 10- The Funhouse

"Why did you take us to a carousel instead of the Funhouse directly?" Nanami said, brow furrowed.

"It's because the structure of the Funhouse is a secret. If I told you that, things wouldn't be fun at all! After all, your distrust and suspicion is a huge role to play in the killing game!"

"K-killing game?" Hajime whispered, as he sank back into the floor from where he had just risen. His voice cracked and your heart dropped.

Hajime had been right all along. He had warned them not to give in to Monokuma's suggestion because it could have been to trick them.

You felt so stupid.
Why had you believed Monokuma over Hajime? Why had you let others listen to it?

"I am...sorry." you said, dropping your gaze to your feet, ashamed. "I should have stopped us from going."

"It is not just your fault." Gundham said solemnly, scrowling at Monokuma.
"We are all to blame for allowing this fiend's plan tempt us."

"Hehehe, fiend, you say?" Monokuma giggled. "Anyway, as I was saying, this is your new Motive and-"

"Screw your motive!" Akane yelled angrily. "I don't care about all that. Just give me somethin' to eat, I'm hungry!"

"Tch...why are kids so rude nowadays?" Sulked Monokuma, looking downcast. "That's what I was going to say before you interrupted me! Since you've all probably made up your minds about not resuming our game, I've used your stomach as a ticking clock!"

"The...the fuck you mean by that?" Asked Fuyuhiko nervously, probably imagining a bomb being concealed in his stomach.

"That's right! Until a killing happens, none of you will be allowed to eat or drink anything! So best get those knives jabbin', yeah?"
With this, the despicable black and white bear departed, leaving them aghast.

"What?! We won't be allowed to eat anything unless a killing happens?!" Cried Akane, despite having eaten her breakfast and a lot of confectionery just a while ago.

"This is awful." Miss Sonia said, taking a seat. "We should have never come to this island, after all."

"That doesn't matter!" Nidai yelled, making everyone jump with his huge, booming tone of a voice.
"When I got hit by Monokuma's bazooka a while back, he installed some new functions in me. We can satisfy our thirst this way."

He demonstrated what he meant, by pressing one of the numerous buttons on his metallic body. A spout clicked on his chest, and an orange colored drink started flowing out of it.
"You can make soda come out of your body?!" Soda said, shocked. "Why would Monokuma give you such a weird upgrade?"

"I don't think... I'll be drinking that..." Hajime said uncertainly. You sided with him on this, drinking an orange-yellow fluid out of a spout from a semi-robot's body did not seem advisable or appealing.

"We should look around this Strawberry House," Nanami said. "We might find some way to get out of here. It would be easier if we split up into groups or two or three."

Kazuichi somehow convinced Miss Sonia into coming with him, despite his previous unsuccessful romantic advances towards her. You felt a little bad for him sometimes, seeing how nonchalant she was towards his obvious feelings towards her.

You considered asking Nagito but were surprised to find he had decided to group with Nanami instead. You looked around, and saw the tall robed man with a skill for breeding animals.

"Tanaka," you said, as you approached him. "Would you like to come with me?"

"Hm? You seek my companionship, do you?" He said, looking defiant for a while, before he cracked a small smile. "I do not see a reason to refuse!"