Chapter 13- My first day

"What am I doing?" Nagito said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Playing Russian Roulette, obviously. I am the Lucky student...if my luck can't get me through this, then, I might as well be dead."

"NO! NO NAGITO STOP IT!"
Your wrists bound and your legs too damaged to move, you squeezed your eyes shut and cried out in terror.

Nagito pressed the trigger.
Your heart felt like it was going to burst and break forth your body like a glass shell. Your eyes started to water with how sick you felt, and your stomach lurched as if to throw up the food you had eaten. You waited for a dreaded bang to ring out through the room. But it never did.

Slowly, you looked up, almost in tears, and saw him still holding a gun to his head, but it had never gone off.
His luck had managed to save him.
You let go of your tensed up body and fell face first onto the floor in exhaustion and relief.

"That's so fuckin' amazing!" Monokuma squealed happily. "You know what's even more amazing? The fact that Nagito tried to make the rules more dangerous than it already was! In Russian Roulette, you put just one bullet in a chamber for six and you would have had a five in six chance of survival! But Nagito here..."
In the dim light, Monokuma grinned wider as Monomi trembled in fear. "Nagito here put in five bullets in the chamber! He had a one in six chance of survival!"

"It's true," Nagito said, placing the gun back on the table. "My luck is the stuff of legend!"

"Now let's back to business, hm?" He walked up to you and crouched down, because you could not stand up. "What happened to, 'its not fair of me to go and ask you not to, so we'll both stay away from the escape room.'
"Isn't that what you said?" His lips whispered into your ear, his voice seething with mock anger.

"And here I felt bad for lying to you. This is just so disappointing."

"That's enough fightiiing!" Monokuma interrupted. Now that you've both done your tasks, it's reward timeeee!" Monokuma handed Nagito a thick black folder, and handed you a small glass bottle of pills.

"What...are these?"

"Nagito's been given a detailed document with info about the other students here. And as for you, these are called Memory Pills. You'll remember a few things I made you forget. But I must warn you, take too many and you'll start forgetting the present! Any questions??"

"Surely this can't be the Ultimate Weapon, can it?" Nagito asked, holding up his folder. "Or is it the pills?"

"Oh, I'm afraid you're already too late in playing. Someone else has already played the Final Dead room before you guys and won the weapon for themselves."

"Someone's already-?" You stammered, the pain made it harder to understand.

"So t-that's how Nidai died-?"

"Yes, I would say the person who won the Final Dead Room game before us was the very person to kill Nekomaru."
"Hey, could you please give Y/N some help? She's been bleeding all this while," Nagito said, slightly irritated.

"Yes, yes, of course!"

You clutched the bottle of crimson pills to your palm as Monokuma managed to get you on a stretcher.
"I'll see you later, Y/N." Nagito said, the heavy looking folder tucked under his right arm. "You did such an amazing job." He kissed you on the forehead, uncaring for Monomi still present there. "Get well soon! I'll see you at the class trial and afterwards we can exchange everything we've learnt from our rewards."

You nodded, too tired to say anything. Monokuma and Monomi carried you out of the escape room, the pink ceiling of the Strawberry House the last thing you saw before you took a pill out and and put it into your mouth, and passed out a second later.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I...I don't believe this..." Her bulging excited eyes travelled back and forth towards the official-looking letter, making sure that what she was reading was, indeed true.