Chapter 55 - Final

It's been a while since you started digging, approximately how long have you been digging though? It felt like you were rushing against the clock to get your friend out of this disaster but the debris felt like a never ending hole. The white light felt like it was slowly fading to red the deeper you dug as you felt the skin on your fingertips starting to shred behind everything you touched until you grabbed something.

Slowly you pulled up something heavier and as you looked down at it you saw it was connected to something. A finger was what you pulled up, a torn finger that immediately resembled Midoriya's. This made your eyes widen in shock and happiness as you started to dig out his body, dragging it out of the debris afterwards and underneath him was the enemy you were chasing.

You could care less about the enemy at this point, you pulled your friend in for a tight embrace as you started to hear him coughing a bit before hugging you back. All this work has been done, just to capture one person. Thankfully he was unconscious so he wouldn't try to escape anymore.. all thanks to Midoriya's sacrifice. You stood to your feet and helped Midoriya up, you picked up the enemy afterwards and threw him over your shoulders. It was taking every last bit of you to get back to everyone but you've come so far, you can't collapse now.

"It has been an eventful night." Midoriya said while laughing a bit as you let out a relaxed sigh, nodding your head in response afterwards.

"It has but our mission is complete, thanks for your help. I wouldn't have made it through and caught him without you." You said while looking over at Midoriya while continuing to walk to the rescue vehicles.

"Honestly, I wouldn't have made it out alive if you didn't dig me out; you and Bakugou did most of the work.. I just came to help at the last part." Midoirya said while smiling at you, you smiled back at him as you were making your way back.

He was right, for once all the work you put into your quirk finally paid off. You were able to almost complete a mission by yourself; without the help of your friends and your teachers you wouldn't have made it this far. It's been a wonderful experience so far at this school, who knew these people would end up saving your life.

Thank you..

Were the only words you could think of as you looked up at the sky, watching the stars shine brighter than the sun at midday. What a beautiful sight it was, it felt like you could stare at the sky all night without getting bored but that couldn't happen because someone was waiting for you at the end of the day.

You looked straight ahead again to see paramedics along with some pro's surrounded by the scene in which you previously fought in. A fogged figure started walking towards you as you rubbed your eyes but it wasn't doing any help to clear your vision.

"Good Job tonight Y/N, without you three we wouldn't have been able to catch this guy." A familiar voice said as you recognized it to be Aizawa's. All you could do is smile in return as you looked around. Your legs were starting to feel like jelly the more you moved but you needed to brush it off for a bit longer as you passed over the enemy that was on your shoulders to Aizawa so he could take him into custody. You saw him starting to walk away afterwards but you just had one more question.

"Mr. Aizawa! Before you leave, could you tell me where Bakugou would be? Along with Midoriya as well, I want to make sure they're alright." You said as you saw Aizawa turning around, pointing behind you.

Confused, you turned around to see Midoriya getting patched up in an ambulance as Bakugou was sitting against the wall, already patched up. You ran over to Bakugou with every last bit of strength you had left before hugging onto him with tears starting to stream down your cheeks.

"I'm glad you're ok.." You muttered out as you felt Bakugou's hands wrap around you for a warm embrace. The air was soon filled with sounds of sirens and the muffled cries that came out of your mouth. No words were spoken, only the slow movements between you and Bakugou as he rubbed your back, showing you that everything was alright now.

It was over, the mission was finally over and everyone was still here. At the end of the day that's all that mattered to you, all you wanted was for everyone to be safe and protected; that's how it ended tonight. You let go of Bakugou and sat next to him, remembering the wounds that still haven't healed.

"I'm guessing you guys got him?" Bakugou said as you looked over at him and nodded slightly with a smile. Bakugou tilled his head up to the sky in a sign of relief as his hands rested on his waist line. You closed your eyes and leaned over a bit to rest your head on his shoulder, enjoying the peace that was flowing over your body.

Not long after you heard people walking towards you; you opened an eye to see paramedics heading your way, ready to start checking your wounds but you didn't want to leave your spot. All you wanted to do was relax now that it is over, your energy has faded with your strength so it felt like your legs were stone.

"I wonder how the fires around us started.." You sarcastically said as you heard a small scoff from Bakugou as he looked over at you while the paramedics started to lift you from the ground.

"Probably from our explosions." Bakugou said in return as he stood up and followed the paramedics to the van with you as he got in one of the seats. They laid you on the stretcher as you saw everyone starting to leave the scene. The villain was getting loaded into a police car as the pros watched from aside.

Tonight was an eventful night, it helped you improve your quirk a bit and helped you experience the real toll that missions could cause but thankfully no one was killed. Although what the villain did was unforgetful you hoped he could live a better life than before and that the people he captured would soon get found. That's all you could do for now is hope because you've helped all you could for tonight.

You snapped out of thought as Bakugou held onto your hand as you watched the doors shut to the van. He slightly smiled at you as the velchie started to move, heading to the nearest hospital for you and all the injured to get more treatment.

"We will soon be home, it's all over now." Bakugou said softly as you smiled at him, holding onto his hand gently while the ride began.

Your journey has just begun and with all your friends by your side it will make it quite an adventure but they all have your back like you have theirs. One day you'll become a pro hero with everyone else, fulfilling not only your dreams but dreams everyone else has made to become.