3: "He's just a jock - no, he's a jock who's also a jerk."

III
u n r e v i s e d

I threw on my denim jacket over my cream white dress that went until just above my knee. I put on that necklace that I found in the parking lot of the mall with some diamond stud earrings. Throwing my hair up in a pony tail, I grabbed my phone and began walking with my denim Vans® out of my room.

I saw Gaby waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs so I jumped onto her back. "Gaby-labby-jabby!"

She rolled her eyes, shoving me off of her. "Get off of me, fatty!"

I gasped dramatically, placing a hand on my chest. "Gaby! How dare you?!"

She laughed, shaking her head. "You're an idiot."

I glared at her, "You're the idiot, idiot."

"No, you are." She replied again, rolling her eyes.

"No, you!" I retorted and so the arguing began.

"No, you!"
"No, you!"
"No, you!"

"Girls!"

We both looked towards Adam who was standing on the last step of the stairs "Come on, it's still really early in the morning."

We both held back our laughter as we made our way out of the house and to Adam's car. "Holly, come on! We're leaving!"

Holly groaned, walking out of the house with a pair of shades on. "God, do you have to be so damn loud, Adam?!" He just rolled his eyes at her comment and we all got into the car.

Gaby nudged me in the ribs. "Seems like somebody's got a hangover." She motioned to Holly, "It serves her well."

"I can hear you, douche." Holly hissed from the front of the car.

"Well too bad!" Gaby yelled, making Holly cringe.

I chuckled, shaking my head at Gaby, "You can be such a b- to the -itch."

She laughed, shrugging her shoulders "Someone's gotta do the job."

...

Sitting in class, my chin is resting in the palm of my hand. The English teacher droned on and on about some piece of outstanding literature but my mind was elsewhere. On a dazzling pair of caramel brown eyes, a perfect straight pair of pearly, white teeth shown by gorgeous pink, plump lips that lifted up into the cutest smile. His golden brown locks that were put up into a perfect quiff while his bushy eyebrows made his eyes stand out more. He was gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. My daydream was interrupted by the door to the classroom opening.

Holly walked in with her friends, Macy and Janet. The teacher rolled her eyes at them, saying they've got detention once again this week. You're probably thinking "Why's Holly still at school?" Well, she started school late, she's currently a senior at 19.

I looked at what she was wearing and sighed. Her skirt looked like a belt that just covered her butt and her shirt was so tight that if she had a coin in her pocket, you'd be able to tell if its heads or tails. She sat down next to Robin, the most popular guy in school.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about him. He's just a jock - no, he's a jock who's also a jerk.

"Hey, have you seen the new guy?" I furrowed my eyebrows, listening to Macy and Janet, who were sitting in front of me.

"No, have you?" Macy shook her head, pouting her lips.

"No, but they say he's hot." Janet laughed. "I bet Holly's gonna want dibbs on him."

Macy smirked, "Sure but then I want Robin."

I scrunched my face up in disgust. Gosh, they talked about boys even more worse than I've heard boys talk about girls. It's gross.

The siren sounded and I stood up, grabbing my backpack and walking out of the class.

"Hey sis." Gaby said, coming to walk next to me.

I smiled at her, "Hey Gabs." We stopped at my locker that was conveniently next to hers.

"Have you seen the new guy?" I asked, placing my bag in the locker.

She raised her eyebrow, "We have a new guy?"

I shrugged "Apparently so."

"How do you know?" She asked, closing her locker.

"I overheard Macy and Janet talking about him like he was a piece of meat."

Gaby rolled her eyes. "Of course... Come on, let's get some lunch."

I nodded, closing my locker and walking with her down the hallway. As we turned the corner I bumped into someone. I looked up and made eye contact with those caramel brown eyes that I've been daydreaming about all day. I cleared my throat, "U-um.. Sorry."

He smiled "It's okay." He bit his lip, slowly scanning his eyes up and down my body. "So we meet again."

I giggled, nodding my head. "I guess so."

Gaby cleared her throat and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes, looking back at him. "Um.. I have to go." I was about to walk past him when he gently grabbed my arm.

"Wait."

I raised my eyebrows in question.

"I'm kind of new here, could you show me around, please?"

He's the new guy everyone's been talking about. Oh no, now Holly's already called dibs.

Wait.

Why do I even care? It's not like he would have gone for me anyway, I bet the minute he sees Holly, in a more sober and attractive state than last night, he'll forget all about me.

"She'd love to." Gaby said, smiling shyly at him. At least I'm not the only one he's got under a spell.

I sighed, giving him a small smile. "Okay, come on."

I turned around and he started walking with Gaby and I. "I'm Jason, by the way." He said, looking at me.

I smiled "I'm Iris and that's Gaby." She made a small wave and he nodded.

"Cool."

We walked into the cafeteria and everyone went quiet -so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Holly and her friends all stared at us, or more like at Jason before they began making their way over.

"Here we go." Gaby muttered bitterly.

I sighed, yes, here we do go.

____________________
hey guys! chapter 3 is here

let me know what you think!

leave a like, comment, and some suggestions! <3

- sam 💞