c h a p t e r 5

V
u n r e v i s e d
__________________
Make sure to vote!
Follow me for more :)

I sighed, taking a seat opposite my mom at the counter. She was cooking up a storm for dinner while my dad was at church, practicing his preaching for Sunday. I placed my elbow on the counter, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. I thought of Jason and how handsome he is. I haven't spoken to him since Monday because I've been so busy with assignments and homework.

"What are you smiling about, honey?"

I looked up at my mom and realized I was smiling. I cleared my throat, shaking my head. "Um.. Nothing."

She raised her eyebrow, a small smile on her lips. "Is it a boy?"

My eyes widened "What? No, mom!"

She laughed, "Relax! I'm just asking."

I rolled my eyes, my cheeks flushing "Gosh, no."

She chuckled, going on with her cooking. Holly walked into the kitchen wearing a tight crop top that showed her stomach and a denim mini skirt with black high heels.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked, looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

She shrugged, "Out with some friends to the movies, I'll be back later." With that she walked out of the house. My mom sighed, shaking her head. I frowned.

"How come dad never says anything when she's dressed like that?"

My mom shrugged her shoulders, letting out an exasperated sigh "I don't know, honey. I guess he's too busy to notice." I nodded.

"Guess so."

She gave me a small smile, "Help me set the table?" I nodded, getting off of the stool.

...

"How exactly did you meet him? I wanna know EVERY detail."

I giggled, crossing my legs over one another, sitting on my bed while Gaby sat opposite of me in the same position.I sighed, "Well I saw him once at the mall when I was with Alonzo, it was just after he got in a fight with some guy. We exchanged glances and that was it, then I saw him again at the club when this guy wouldn't let my arm go because I told Holly that she had to go home and he didn't want that. He told the guy to let me go and he helped me find Holly." I shrugged. "That's the whole story, nothing interesting actually."

She smiled "You like him, don't you?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head "No, I don't!"

She nodded, "Yes, you do. I can tell."

I rolled my eyes, "No you can't."

"Yes I can." She argued.

I sighed, "Gaby, you know that I've never been into boys before, why would I be now?"

She shrugged "I don't know, maybe its because he's different and besides, he likes you too."

I shook my head, looking down at my lap, "No, he doesn't."

She nodded, "Yes, he does. I can tell." I rolled my eyes.

"You're able to 'tell' a lot of things now a days."

She smiled, shrugging "It's a gift." I rolled my eyes again, opening my mouth to say something but I was cut off by my room's door swinging open.

"Iris!" Holly said, coming to sit next to me on the bed.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

She sighed "I got Jason's number but don't know what to say to him when I call."

I frowned slightly, "Where did you get his number?"

She shrugged "I asked a friend of a friend of a friend to ask him for it."

I furrowed my eyebrows "So, why are you telling me this?"

She rolled her eyes "Because! You know him, tell me what he's like and what he likes so that I'll know what to talk to him about."

"Why don't you just be yourself?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

She groaned "Just tell me more about him!"

I shrugged "I don't really know a lot about him, we only met a couple of days ago."

She sighed, "Fine but can you find out more for me?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why don't you do it?"

She pouted "Please Iris, I'll owe you big time. Please, please, please?!" She begged.

I rolled my eyes "Fine, whatever." She grinned.

"Yay!" She kissed my cheek, "Thanks sis!"

I shrugged "Okay."

Gaby looked at me, shaking her head as Holly walked out of the room "I can't believe you just agreed to do that."

I shrugged "It's okay, it's not like Jason would have chosen me over her anyway."

She sighed, standing up from the bed "You need to quit being so insecure Iris. Jason likes you, not Holly." She shook her head before walking out of my room. I sighed and threw myself back onto my bed.

...

I walked into school, holding my backpack and walking up to my locker. I opened it up and unpacked my books. "Hey Iris." My friend, Rita said as she leaned against the locker next to mine.

I smiled, glancing at her "Hey, Rita." I finished up my business before shutting my locker and walking with her to our first class.

"Have you heard the latest buzz?"

I shook my head, looking up at her "Nope, what is it?"

She sighed "Well, apparently Jason and Holly are soon to be the hottest couple of the school."

I sighed, "Well in order for that to happen Jason has to actually ask her out, and in order for that to happen Jason has to actually like her. Which he doesn't."

Rita and I took our seats in Chemistry class and she looked at me.

"How do you know?"

I shrugged "He told me."

Her eyes widened "You've spoken to him? When?"

I bit my lip "Last Monday."

"He's SO gorgeous, isn't he?" She gushed, grinning like a fool. I chuckled, nodding my head "Yeah, he is."

She was about to say something when the teacher cut her off "Rita, whatever you have to tell Iris can wait 'till break."

She sighed, subtly rolling her eyes before mumbling "Yes sir."

_____________________________
Sometimes i get more excited about going back on my old stories and revising than just writing out the next part for a new story

sighhhhhh

anyway LIKE, COMMENT, ADD SUGGESTIONS! THANK YOU

- sam 💞