c h a p t e r 22

XXII
u n r e v i s e d
_______________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

The teacher droned on and on about some historical fact that I already knew about. Half of the class was sleeping with their heads on the desks while the other half were paying attention or playing on their phones. I rested my elbow on the desk, placing my chin in the palm of my hand while looking out the window. I fiddled absentmindedly with my necklace that Jason bought me, staring at the figure leaning against the wall while smoking a cigarette. It was him, I knew it was him. That same brunette girl from Friday walked down the front steps and to him.

They spoke for a couple of moments before she kissed him. I gasped, making the half of the class that wasn't sleeping, look at me. I bit my lip, my cheeks flushing out of embarrassment. They went back to what they were doing and I looked out the window again. My eyes welled up with tears... He was kissing her back. I looked towards the teacher before lifting up my hand.

"Yes, Iris?" He asked. I bit my lip, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"C- can I go to the-" I was cut off by the bell ringing. "Never mind." I muttered, grabbing my stuff and running out of the class to the restroom.

...

"Hey, Iris!"

I walked faster down the hallway and out the front doors. "Iris, wait up!" I heard him yell but I didn't stop. I walked to my bench and sat down, pulling out my sketch book. He came jogging down the steps and over to me.

"Hey, why didn't you wait for me?" He asked out of breath. I ignored him and began finishing my latest drawing. He chuckled slightly, sitting down next to me, he waved his hand in front
of my face.

"Hello! Iris!" He chuckled, "What's wrong? Are you mad at me or something?"

I didn't answer, I just kept drawing in my book.

"Iris." He said again, this time sounding more serious. He grabbed my book and I looked up at him blankly.

"Give it back, Jason."

He frowned, pulling the book behind his back. "No, not until you tell me why you're mad at me."

I glared at him, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. I don't have time for his games, I'm just sick and tired of him. I began walking away but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. "Where are you going?"

I ripped my arm out of his grip and glared at him, "That's none of your business, just leave me alone."

He frowned. "What's going on? Why are you so angry with me?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling them tear up. "Why? Why Jason?" I chuckled dryly, throwing my arms in the air "Gee, I don't know. How about the fact that ever since I met you all you've done is make me feel emotionally overwhelmed! I can't take it anymore, I love you but then I hate you! I wanna be with you but I'm too afraid.... And when I plan on taking a chance you go ahead and kiss another girl!" I shook my head, tears running down my cheeks. "I'm sick of your games, Jason. Tell me what you want so that I can move on with my life and forget about you."

He stared at me, blinking a couple of times before he licked his lips, a small smirk on his face. "You love me?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes and grabbing my book from him before I walked away. He grabbed my hand again, pulling me back to him "Iris."

I looked up at him, wiping the tears that were running down my cheeks. "What?" I hissed.

He shook his head, "I didn't know you felt that way."

I shrugged, "Now you know, so will you please just leave me alone."

He shook his head, pushing me up against the wall, making my backpack drop to the floor. "You can't expect me to do that now, after I know you feel the same way I feel." He held my arms above my head, pressing his body against mine. I gulped.

"W-what are you doing?"

He didn't answer me, instead, he leaned in and kissed me softly on my lips. I was kissing back before I could stop myself, his lips were so soft and warm. He slowly let go of my arms, knowing that I wasn't gonna push him away. He wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, burying my hands in his hair. He bit my lip softly, pulling on it slightly before letting it go and kissing me again. This was like heaven, sweet, sweet heaven. Now I get why people like doing this. After a few moments we broke apart and I rested my forehead on his, both of us breathing heavy. He looked up at me with his caramel brown eyes, "I love you too, Iris."

He licked his lips, shaking his head slightly, "I can't leave you alone, I need you, please. Be my girlfriend."

I shut my eyes, letting out a long sigh. "Jason.... You were kissing another girl."

"I knew you were watching."

My eyes shot open "What?"

He bit his lip, "I knew you had history class and I knew you'd see."

I frowned, "Why would you want me to see that?"

"So that I could know whether you felt about me the same way I feel about you. I didn't know how else to find out.. But now I know."

I bit my lip, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I don't know if I can handle your games. He looked at me, his eyes filled with hurt.

"I would never play games with you."

I raised my eyebrow, "And what do you call that you did today?"

He sighed, shaking his head "I swear, I'll never do something like that ever again."

I sighed, running my hand through his hair. "My dad would never let me.."

He frowned, looking away from me. "This is so fucking unfair..." I heard him mutter, looking distraught and shaking his head. I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Guess he just never has to find out."

He looked at me, his eyes wide. "W-what?" I bit my lip, nodding my head with crimson red cheeks.

"My answer is yes, Jason."

He stared at me with wide eyes and his lips parted. I giggled.

"Well? Aren't you gonna kiss me?"

He chuckled, leaning up and giving me a kiss. "You're gonna be my girl?" He mumbled against my lips. I felt my stomach do somersaults after he said 'My girl'.

I bit my lip and nodded my head, whispering "Yeah."

He smiled and pecked my lips. I smiled back, running my hands through his hair. "What are you doing to me, McCann? I don't do boyfriends, I'm a good girl."

He smirked, sitting down on the bench with me straddling his lap. He shook his head, "You're not just any good girl, baby.." He leaned closer to me, his breath on my lips. "You're MY Good Girl."

________________________
💞 -Sam