c h a p t e r 16

XVI
u n r e v i s e d
___________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more :)

I was wearing a simple black dress with some black high top converse and a racer jacket.

I walked downstairs quietly, my mom was already asleep and Gaby was waiting for me downstairs

I walked downstairs quietly, my mom was already asleep and Gaby was waiting for me downstairs. She smiled once I reached the front door where she was.

"You look good."

I smiled "Thank you."

She nodded, "He's outside."

I nod, giving her a hug before opening the door.

"I'll be waiting for you in your room to hear all the juicy details." I hear her call behind me as I open up the door.

I giggled, and ran down the front path to Jason's car. I hopped inside and heard him say "Hey." I bit my lip.

Kissing his cheek, I reply. "Hey."

He smiled "You look beautiful."

I smiled, my cheeks heating up "Thank you, Jason."

He nodded, biting his lip before starting up the car.

...

"Come on." Jason said, holding out his hand as I got out of the car. I took it and he pushed closed the car door before leading me towards the beach. I held onto his arm and he looked back at me, a smile on his face. "I'm gonna introduce you to some of my friends." I smiled and nodded my head.

"Okay."

He walked up to a group of guys and girls "Iris. This is Ryan, Chaz, Christian, Tyler, Monique, Carly, Debra and you already know Gary and Drew. Guys this is Iris."

I smiled, giving them a small wave. They all greeted me back except the one who was named Monique, I remember her from that time at Drew's house, she was the one sitting with the group who was smoking and ran up to Jason when we walked inside. Jason wrapped his arm around my shoulder, kissing my cheek. "You want something to drink, princess?"

I bit my lip and nodded my head, feeling my cheeks burn as all his friends stared at the two of us. He nodded and took my hand, leading me past them and into the beach house where the music was playing really loud. I held onto his arm again as we made our way through the crowd, people dancing greeted Jason as he walked past, most of them being girls and he just nodded in response. We reached the kitchen and he raised his eyebrow at me. "Coke?"

I giggled, nodding my head. "Yes please, that would be great."

He smiled, filling one of the red plastic cups with Coke. He handed me the cup and I thanked him, taking a sip.

"Jason, come on. Let's dance!" I looked towards the voice and saw that girl Monique, tugging on his arm. He sighed, shaking his head.

"No Monique, I'm here with Iris."

She frowned, "But Jasssonnnnn."

I sighed and looked at him. "It's okay, go."

He frowned, shaking his head. "No, but yo-"

"I'll be fine, go have fun. I'm a terrible dancer anyway." I gave him a reassuring smile and he sighed, nodding his head.

"Fine. One dance." He kissed my cheek, turning back to me. "I'Il be right back, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay."

...

I looked down at my converse as I took slow steps in the sand. Jason walked next to me, holding my hand with our fingers intertwined. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, still holding onto my hand and I leaned into his side.

"Jason?" I whispered, getting his attention.

"Yeah?"

I bit my lip, not knowing how to say it. "Um.. What's the um.. What's the deal with you and Monique?" I asked quietly.

He sighed, "She and I used to be friends with benefits, she fell in love with me and I ended it because I didn't feel the same way." I nodded slowly, looking up at him. He stared straight forward, his jaw slightly clenched and his eyelids blinking at a steady pace over his caramel brown orbs. I licked my lips.

"But you have a soft spot for her, don't you?"

He looked at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "No, not really but I guess you could say we're friends. We've just known each other for a really long time."

I nodded, leaning my head onto his shoulder again. We walked up to his car and he lifted me up, placing me on the hood. He stood next to me and leaned against the car. I placed my hands in the pockets of his jacket that he gave me to wear earlier and stared at the waves that came crashing towards the shore.

"Why do you like me?" He asked, making me look at him. He stared straight ahead and I bit my lip.

"Why?"

He nodded, still looking forward. "Yeah.... Why?"

I sighed, "Well, because you're.. um.. you're cute and sweet, you're funny and you um.. you stand up for me like you really care. You treat me like I'm special, you give me butterflies, even if you're just talking to me on the phone. You're honest with me and I trust you." I chuckled, licking my lips. "You even turned down Holly, just for me!"

I smiled at the memory. "You're different, Jason. A good different and I like it. I've never felt this way before.... It's crazy."

He looked at me, licking his lips, with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "You shouldn't like me, Iris. You're so perfect and innocent and I'm a bad person. Anyone can tell." He looked up towards the ocean and shook his head in despair. "... I'm no good at all just by looking at me. Life's a gamble and I wouldn't blame anybody for not choosing me."

I frowned, biting my lip "You wanna know what I think?" He looked at me and I sighed, "I think that the toughest exterior holds the softest heart....I've seen that side of you, Jason and I really, really like it." I scooted closer to him, placing my hand on his cheek. "And as far as it goes for life being a gamble... I'm not afraid to place my bet on you."

He bit his lip, staring into my eyes before his eyes twitched to my lips.

"God, that's why— you..." He licked his lips, his eyes back on mine. "That's why I'm so damn crazy about you.... You don't judge people, you give them a chance. You gave me a chance."

He turned over and stood in between my legs, cupping my cheeks and leaning in slowly. Oh gosh, is he gonna kiss me? I've never been kissed before, I don't know what to do! He was so close that I could feel his breath on my lips.

Oh my..

_________________________________
Hi guys! Chapter 16 is here. What did you think?

What time did you wake up today?

Let me know :)

-s am 💞