c h a p t e r 44

XLIV
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

I took a seat on the bench in front of the school, pulling my sketchbook out. I might actually get some drawing done before Jason comes. When I first used to come out here, it was to sketch, but now Jason's taken over and I end up not drawing but talking to him instead, most of the time kissing him. So I'm happy he's a little late so I can finish up my latest drawing of a ship, sailing across a rough sea.

Gaby was watching Titanic again and that's where I got the idea. I felt a presence next to me and I looked up, seeing Enzo. I smiled at him.

"Hey E, what are you doing out of class?"

He shrugged, throwing his arm around the back of the bench, scooting a little closer to me. "Just didn't feel like going."

I furrowed my eyebrows, an uneasy feeling taking over me. He's acting ... weird and sitting way too close for my liking. I shifted uncomfortably, mentally praying that Jason would come walking out of the front doors now. I looked down at my book, slowly starting to sketch again, trying to ignore him.

"What are you drawing?" He whispered, his breath hitting my neck because he leaned in even CLOSER. I gulped, my fingers tightening on my pencil.

"Um.. A ship."

He smiled and I felt him place his hand on my hip, "What gave you that idea?"

I shrugged, trying to subtly push his hand off of me but he wouldn't budge. "From a movie."

"What movie?" He whispered, coming even MORE closer, his lips now brushing against my ear. I began to breathe heavy, looking up at him.

"Enzo!, what are you doing?"

He licked his lips, shrugging his shoulders as his eyes fell on my lips "Something I've wanted to do for so long." He muttered before placing his lips on mine. I gasped, shoving him away and jumping up from the bench.

"Enzo! What the heck was that? No, no, no, you can't - Why would you even do that?"

He stood up, his body towering over mine. "Come on, Iris! Don't pretend like you don't know that I like you."

I stared at him with wide eyes, "What? No,"I shook my head rapidly. "I thought you thought of me as a sister because that's how I look at you, like a brother. Enzo, I don't see you as anything more than a friend, I'm sorry but I love Jason."

He frowned, "What? But your dad forbid you from seeing him!"

I sighed, "Yes, but-" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him accusedly, "wait a minute, how do you even know that?"

He shrugged, avoiding eye contact with me. "Everyone knows that." He mumbled, shrugging again. I raised my eyebrow, glaring at him.

"Don't lie to me! My father told you, didn't he?"

He sighed, "Yes!"

I scoffed, "Unbelievable, he makes me break up with Jason, saying I'm 'too young for a boyfriend' but then can't wait to push me into your arms. He is so selfish, what's the difference if I date you and not Jason?"