c h a p t e r 13

XIII
u n r e v i s e d
__________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more!

J A S O N

I jogged downstairs, pulling my shirt over my head. "You're late." Alex, my older brother, said as I walked into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes.

"No shit."

He raised his eyebrow "Where were you Friday night?"

"That's none of your damn business." I hissed, grabbing my car keys and walking out of the house. I got in my car and drove to school. I parked my car and strolled up the front steps. Just as I stepped inside the bell rang for second period. Everybody came walking out of the classes they just had, some rushing to get to the next class, others stopping to have a chat with their friends. I spotted a familiar head of light brown hair a couple of feet away. I walked over, throwing my arm around her shoulder.

"Hello, princess."

She smiled, looking at me. "Hey."

I leaned down, softly kissing her cheek. "You feeling better?" I asked, trying not to sound too concerned but failed miserably.

She nodded, "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you."

We walked into class and she sat down. I sat next to her, looking at her intently to make sure she wasn't lying to me. She caught my stare and giggled, that adorable giggle of hers, before smiling. "I'm fine, Jason. Really."

I sighed, "You sure?"

She rolled her eyes playfully before nodding "Yep."

I bit my lip, nodding my head. "Okay."

...

"Yo', bro I'm telling you, she seems quiet but she's damn freaky in bed." I eavesdropped as a couple of guys in the locker room after gym class were talking about Friday night's party.

"Dude, no way. I don't believe you." One of his friend's said. The other one soon agreed.

"Yeah bro, Iris Dane would never do that, that's more Holly's thing."

My jaw clenched, they were talking about Iris?

I turned around as I heard the other one chuckle "Dude, come on. Why would I lie? That girl wanted me real bad Friday night and I just wanted to please her needs, if you catch my drift." I walked around the lockers and saw Tristan was the one talking all this smack about Iris. I grabbed onto the back of his t-shirt and pushed him against the lockers. I clutched onto the front of his shirt.

"You take all that bull shit back right now." I hissed, my eyes glaring at him.

"Woah man, what are you talking about?" He asked, looking confused and slightly scared. I growled.

"Admit that you're fucking lying or else you'll regret it."

He tried pulling my hands off of him but didn't manage to get it right. He glared back at me.

"I ain't afraid of you, McCann."

I chuckled dryly.

"Wrong answer, motherfucker."

...

I R I S

"Iris Dane please report to the principle's office immediately." The secretary said through the intercom. I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up. Gaby gave me a questioning look and I shrugged before walking out of the classroom. I made my way to the principle's office and walked up to the secretary's desk.

"You called for me, Ms. George?"

She smiled "Yes Iris, he asked me to call for you." She said pointing behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around.

My eyes widened when I saw it was Jason, sitting on one of the chairs with a bleeding lip and bruised cheek. I quickly made my way over to him, "Jason, what happened?"

He looked up at me and sighed, pulling me in between his legs and wrapping his arms around my waist. "I got in a fight." He mumbled against my stomach. I ran my hands through his hair.

"Yes, I can see that but with who?" He pulled me onto his lap. I wasn't quite used to being this close to a boy, he's the only guy who's ever held me so close, well, except for Adam and my dad but you get the point. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his neck and he sighed.

"Him." He pointed toward Tristan and I gasped, seeing his face full of blood and bruises as he held an ice pack against his eye. I looked at Jason with wide eyes.

"You did that to him?" He nodded, biting his lip.

"Yeah, and I'm not sorry."

I frowned. "Why would you do that?"

His eyes narrowed and they turned a darker shade, like that time in the mall, It made me a little scared "He was spreading fucking lies about you, telling his friends he banged you at that party on Friday night. I couldn't let him talk about you like that, no way." He shook his head, his grip around my waist tightening slightly. I bit my lip, staring at him.

"Y- you did it for me?" He nodded, burying his head in my neck. Why would he do that? Does he like me? My cheeks flushed, oh my gosh what If he does? What am I talking about?! Of course he doesn't like me, I'm just..me. I hesitated before kissing his cheek "That was sweet, Jason but I don't want you to fight -you could get hurt."

He sighed and nodded his head "I'm sorry, I won't do it again, unless..." He pulled back and bit his lip "It's really necessary."

He smiled "Deal?"

I sighed and smiled "Fine, deal."

________________________
Thank you guys for reading!

I hope you're enjoying the story!

Jason looks kind of cute with a black eye huh? :)

Let me know what you think <3

-Sam 💞