c h a p t e r 21

XXI
u n r e v i s e d
_________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

I sighed, shoving my stuff into my locker. Friday has finally come and I was exhausted. I haven't spoken to Jason since Wednesday, after we took our math test. I grabbed my backpack and began walking out of the school. I clutched my jacket tighter once I was outside and jogged down the front steps. Yes, the storm is still very strong but not as strong as it was on Tuesday night, meaning the main roads are open. I took a look around the parking lot, trying to see if Adam was here already but he wasn't. I sighed, leaning against the front steps hand rail, tapping my foot against the gravel while waiting for him. My eyes scanned the parking lot and spotted a familiar quiff of dirty blonde hair. He leaned against his car, while a brunette girl stood next to him. They seemed to be talking, or more like flirting.

She giggled, twirling a piece of her hair around her index finger while placing her other hand on his chest. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the ground, wishing Adam would just come already. After a few moments, I heard footsteps coming closer to me and I looked up, seeing Jason stand in front of me with a bright smile. "Hey you."

I gave a fake smile, "Hey."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, holding the fake smile. "Nothing."

He stared at me for a few moments before he nodded "Oh, okay.." He smiled, "Guess what?"

I raised my eyebrows and he chuckled "I got an A on that test."

I smiled, a genuine smile. "Really?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

I grinned, giving him a hug. "Jason that's great, I'm so proud of you."

I pulled back and he smiled at me, "I couldn't have done it with you.. So, I got you something to show my appreciation."

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head, my cheeks flushing. "Jason, you didn't have to get me anything."

He shook his head "No, but I did." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace. My lips parted slightly, allowing an audible gasp to escape. He smiled, holding it up. "Turn around."

I nodded and turned around, feeling him place the cold necklace around my neck. His warm fingertips skimmed slightly over my skin on the back of my neck, giving me goose bumps  everywhere. He slowly pulled his hands away and I turned around to see him furrowing his eyebrows. "You're already wearing a necklace?"

I nodded, pulling out the airplane necklace I've been wearing ever since I picked it up. "Yeah, I picked this up at the mall once, it's pretty cool, right?"

He stared at the necklace, a small smile on his face before he nodded his head . "Yeah."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?"

He shook his head, biting his lip. "Nothing."

"Tell me." I insisted, looking into his eyes.

He chuckled, "It's just that I lost that necklace the day I got in that fight at the mall."

My eyes widened, "Wait, so... This is yours?" I asked, holding it up. He nodded and my lips parted. "Oh, well here, you can have it back, if you want."

I reached up to loosen it but he stopped me by placing his hands on mine, "No, don't." He shook his head, smiling at me. "I want you to have it."

I bit my lip, staring at him before slowly nodding my head, "O-okay." I took my hands out of his grip and put the necklace back into my jacket. I noticed the necklace he bought me had a 'J' pendant. I raised my eyebrow, looking up at him. "A 'J'?"