c h a p t e r 31

XXXI
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

I sighed, walking out of school, people rushing past me to get out fast. I glumly walked down the front steps and began walking out the gate when I heard Enzo calling my name. I spun around and saw him walk up to me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, looking at me with a concerned expression. I sighed, feeling a lump in my throat.

"Nothing I....... Um... I'm fine."

He frowned, "Iris, you can tell me the truth."

I bit my lip, tears filling up my eyes. "Jason and I had a fight and I've b-been trying to call him -ever since but he's not picking u-up and I'm k-kinda worried about w-whether we're still t-together or not."

He looked at me with sympathy before pulling me into his arms, "It's okay, Iris." He cooed as I clutched his t-shirt in my hands and cried into his neck. I sniffled and pulled back from his embrace, wiping my eyes.

I sighed, "I'm sorry for being so emotional. I'm just not used to feeling like this." I said quietly, pulling my sleeves over my hands and using them to wipe my eyes.

He shook his head, "No, its okay." He gave me a small smile, "How about I take you out for a movie or some ice cream? That'll make you feel better, right?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded my head "That sounds great, E. Thanks."

I heard laughter and my gaze travelled to where it came from, I saw Macy and Holly talking while standing at Tristan's car. My eyes narrowed and I held up my index finger to Enzo.

"Just give me a minute, will you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded his head "Okay.."

I walked over to Holly and Macy, every single nerve in my body on edge and my stomach churning like never before. Was I really gonna do this? Do I have the guts? Yes, you do -my subconscious reassures me - do it for Jason.

I nodded to myself and balled my fists, feeling a new form of adrenaline kicking through my veins."Holly!" I hissed, catching her attention and making her turn around with her eyebrows risen. "You are so unbelievable do you know that?"

She rolled her eyes, "What the fuck now?"

I glared at her, feeling nothing but anger towards her right now, it felt strange- I've never actually had the urge to bust open my sister's skull like I do right now. "I know you told him, Holly."

She smirked "Aww, did little ol' Jason finally realise you're not all little miss perfect as you've been made out to be."

I shook my head, staring at her with tears in my eyes "I can't believe you'd stoop so low, Holly. Yes, you like Jason but couldn't you just grant me this one thing that I actually want I've always been here for you, when you get in trouble, when you need someone to cover up for you, hold your hair back when you're throwing up in the toilet after a drunken night out. It was ME, Holly, not these girls you call your "friends'. I have always been the best sister I could be to you and this is how you repay me?"

She stared at me for a second, a flash of guilt showing in her eyes but she said nothing.

I shook my head, holding back my tears. "I guess you're right, Holly, I'm not as smart as everyone thinks I am because if I was, I wouldn't have been dumb enough to help you and I would have known that you never cared about me, you don't care about anyone but yourself."

I shook my head, turning around and walking back over to Enzo.

"You okay?" He asked, biting his lip. I nodded, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, let's go catch that movie."

...

J A S O N

"Jasey, come dance with me!" A very high and drunk Monique called out to me, swaying her hips to the music that played through the clubs speakers. I shook my head, chuckling half heartedly at her.

"No, sweetheart, you're looking good on your own."

She giggled, her cheeks flushing, "Okay, but if you change your mind." She winked at me before turning around and dancing with some other guys. I sighed, sitting back on the plush sofa in the V.I.P section of the club. I miss her so damn much, every little thing reminds me of her.

If I see a girl with brown colored hair, I think of her. A girl with her colour eyes, I think of her. A girl wearing converse, I think of her - I know, its kind of pathetic but I can't help it. She's come to mean so much to me during this time that I've gotten to know her. Never, have I ever felt, the way I feel about her. It hurts me to know that even she knows I'm no good, even she knows that she could never tell her parents about me because they'll see I'm just a piece of trash, not good enough for their daughter.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair and chugging down the rest of my glass of gin and tonic.

"Jason, look what I found, bro." Mike said, walking over with two fit looking twins. I raised my eyebrows as he sat down on the sofa, allowing them to sit in between us.

"This is Ashley and this is Bella. Girl's this is Jason." He said, pointing to each of them. I nodded, giving them a small smile.

"Hey"

"Hi." They said in unison, smiling at me. Mike went on talking to them and I just nodded each time they referred something to me. The twin sitting next to me, Bella, took some lips gloss out of her purse, opening it up and running it across her lips. My eyes focused on her lips, not for the reasons you are thinking, but because lips... Iris,' lips, Iris' kisses.. Iris.

Fuck, I miss her.

I felt a hand on my thigh and looked up to see Bella, biting her lip while looking at me, "You wanna get out of here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about it "Actually... Yeah."

She smiled and I shook my head, "No, I'm sorry, not with you. I just want to leave."

She frowned, "But-"

I got up and walked away before she could speak any more. I walked out of the club, pulling my car keys out of my pocket and unlocking my car. I lit up a cigarette and placed it in between my lips before starting my car and driving off. I heard my phone ringing, and I glanced over at where it was laying on the passenger seat. Iris' cute, innocent face showed on the screen.

My lips quirked up as I looked at the picture, remembering the night I took it. We were going to an amusement park and she was eating cotton candy when I called her name, the minute she looked up I snapped the picture. She begged me to delete it, saying it was horrible but I assured her it wasn't and that no matter what she does, she'll always be beautiful - which was true because the picture was absolutely adorable.

The ringing stopped and I sighed, glancing back at the road. It started ringing again, this time I noticed the time that said 1:53am. What is she doing up so late? She would never stay up this late on a school night. I bit my lip, countless reasons running through my mind as to why she'd still be up so late. The phone stopped ringing again and I sighed, realizing I just missed another one of her many phone calls. I know she's probably hurt that I'm not picking up but I just can't right now, I need some time to think. I miss her, but I can't see her, not until I find the right things to say.

So I grabbed my phone and turned it off.

____________________
1380 words
-Sam 💞