c h a p t e r 26

XXVI
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

"Adam, I'm serious, don't give him grief or else l'Il never talk to you again."

My older brother chuckled, looking at me as he fixed his hair in the mirror. "Relax, kid, I won't be that bad."

I raised my eyebrow and shook my head, throwing myself down on his bed. "This is so unnecessary, why do you have to meet him, can't you just trust my judgement?"

He turned around, facing me "Well, why do you have to meet Carrie?"

"That was your idea, not mine!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. He shrugged, grabbing his car keys.

"Come on, let's go." I groaned, dragging my feet as I walked behind him.

...

"It's so nice to meet you, Carrie." I smiled, shaking her hand. She smiled back, Adam was right, she is beautiful.

"You too, Adam's always talking about his little sister." She said, smiling up at him cheekily.

He chuckled, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Babe, don't tell her, it'll just boost her ego more."

I gasped playfully, punching his arm. "I do not have an ego!" He smiled, pinching my cheeks.

"Sure you don't, kid." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly as Carrie giggled at us.

"Where's your boyfriend anyway? He's not very punctual is he?" Adam asked, raising his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes.

"This is a double date, not a job interview, Adam and besides, he's not late, I told him to be here at 10 and it's only 9:50."

Carrie nodded, slapping his chest. "Yes, and you promised you wouldn't give him a hard time."

I smiled, "Exactly, thank you, Carrie."

I turned around and looked over the people rushing through the mall, trying to see if he was here. My eyes spotted a familiar head of spiky, dirty blonde hair, his eyes were scanning the crowd, just like mine, perhaps looking for us. I grinned "There he is."

I began making my way over to him quickly and as I pushed through the crowd, his eyes landed on me. A big smile, crawling onto his perfect lips as he held open his arms. Immediately I jumped into them, wrapping my arms around his neck, burying my head in it as well.

"Jase!"

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist, picking me up slightly from the floor. "Hey, baby girl." He muttered, kissing my cheek. I smiled, pulling back.

"Come on." I tugged on his hand, pulling him towards my brother and he's girlfriend.

"So you're Jason." My brother acknowledged, eyeing Jason skeptically with his eyebrows raised. Jason bit his lip, his grip still firm on my hand.

"Yeah, your sister's boyfriend and you must be Adam."

Adam's lips quirked up and he chuckled at Jason's sassy remark, holding out his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Jason."