c h a p t e r 35

XXXV
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

I giggled, feeling the wind make my skirt blow up as I spun around. I stopped and fell into the grass, my bum hitting the floor with a thud. I laughed, "Ouch."

Jason smiled, tilting his head to the side while he watched me from his spot on the picnic blanket. "You're crazy, you know that?"

I smiled, my cheeks heating up "Shut up." I laid down on the soft, fluffy grass, staring up at the sky. I felt Jason crawl over and lay down beside me. Swiftly he pulls me up, closer to him, placing my head on his bicep and wrapping his free arm around my waist. I looked up at him and he smiled, biting his lip before he leaned down and kissed my lips, a soft, slow, lingering kiss. He slid his hand up my side, causing goose bumps to form on my skin and my cheeks to heat up, his hand stopped on my cheek. His thumb slowly caressing my heated skin before he slowly pulled back, keeping his eyes shut. He licked his lips.

"I'm throwing a party on Saturday night.. I really want you to come." He whispered, his eyes slowly fluttering open and revealing the beautiful brown that makes my stomach flutter. I bit my lip.

"I could sneak out .. But you know parties aren't really my thing." I'd love to go, but I don't know if I'll be much fun for him, I don't really like parties - they scare me, to be honest.

He sighed, his eyebrows creasing as he stared down at me.

"I know." He said quietly, his finger stroking the back of my neck. "I'd just really like it if you were there."

I smiled slightly, my cheeks flushing. "Oh.. Okay, I'll come."

He smiled, his eyes lighting up "Yeah?"

I nodded, "Mm hmm."

He grinned, rolling us over so he was on top of me. I giggled, throwing my arms lazily around his neck. "You seem happy about that."

He chuckled, nudging his nose against mine. "I am, very happy. Now I can show all my friends how much more beautiful my girlfriend is than theirs."

I laughed, my cheeks heating up. "I thought I met all your friends already?"

He shook his head, "You only met a few and um."

He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck as he got up and sat down next to me again. "When I said friends.... I meant my gang."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise and my lips parted. Oh.

He stared at me, waiting patiently for my reaction. I smiled softly, "I can't wait to meet them."

He let out a sigh of relief and I furrowed my eyebrows, the smile still on my face. "Why were you so worried?"

He shrugged, looking down at his hands that were picking on the grass.

"We never really bring up my job, or the gang and I try not to because I fear that it'll remind you of how you felt the first time you found out and then you'll push me away again."

I sighed, moving over to him before straddling his lap, I clasped my hands around his neck, my fingers caressing the nape of his neck. "I'm not going to push you away, Jason. I love you and I need you." I said quietly, resting my forehead on his. He sighed, his fingers holding onto my chin.

"I love you too." I smiled, leaning down and placing my lips on his,

...

"Iris, can I wear these? I can't find mine." Gaby asked, holding up my gray Nike sneakers. I raised my eyebrow.

"Why? Where are you going?" She bit her lip, putting them on even though I didn't give her an answer.

"I'm going out with a friend." She muttered, fixing her hair in the mirror. I gasped.

"Oh my gosh! You're going on a date, aren't you?"

She rolled her eyes, "Maybe.. Will you cover for me?"

I folded my arms across my chest, "Only if you tell me who it is."

She groaned, opening up the balcony doors "Iris..."

I glared at her, "Tell me or I won't cover for you."

She sighed, "Fine."

I raised my eyebrow "Well?!"

"It's Ryan."

My jaw dropped, "Ryan as in Jason's friend, Ryan?"

She nodded, a small blush covering her cheeks "Yeah."

I giggled nodding my head "Okay, then. Good luck, have fun."

She smiled before climbing down the balcony. "IRIS!"

I jumped, hearing my father's voice from downstairs. I got up and walked towards the living room "Yes, daddy?" I asked, walking inside. He looked up from the newspaper he was reading and motioned with his head to my mom.

"You and your mother are gonna go out shopping tomorrow after school to buy you an outfit for Saturday."

I furrowed my eyebrows, and for a second my heart stopped and I thought he was talking about Jason's party.. But that would be insane, "Saturday?"

He smiled warmly "Yes, the church's annual Father-Daughter Day, remember? We go to it every year."

Oh no! How could I forget?

Ugh, Jason will just have to understand. "Right." I pulled on a fake smile.

"Okay, I can't wait." He smiled before I turned around and ran up the stairs. Jason will understand, right?

I mean its just a meaningless party, he didn't say it was very important. I can't tell my dad no, he'd want answers.

Yep, Jason's just gonna have to understand.

____________________________________
I got one less one less problem....

hey, thanks for reading so far :)

- Sam ❤️