1:25pm

"Alright, number 9, you guys are up!"

Orson had been fourth. He went against an older man, and he won with the time of 2 minutes and 38 seconds. So far nobody else had beat his record, so as of right now he was the red team member going to the final race.

So far he was going against Amelia. Her record was 2 minutes and 57 seconds.

Everybody else finished with 3 minutes or more. Apparently everyone else was a first timer and most didn't even care if they won the race, they were just enjoying themselves and Astra liked that.

They should not care and just have fun and enjoy themselves.

"Alright, put your helmet on and buckle your seatbelt." Her instructor knelt down to help her buckle her seatbelt, and as he helped her, her body started trembling a little.

Why was she so afraid? She had done this two times with her friends when she was a teenager, and she had lots of fun. Why was she suddenly afraid this time?

When she looked across the tracks and saw the guy glaring at her with a smile that made her heart drop, she knew exactly why she was afraid.

He was going to kill her.

"Racers ready?"

Wait no. She wasn't ready. She wasn't ready at all.

"On the count of three. One..."

Astra's heart was beating hard against her rib cage.

"Two..."

She grabbed the wheel and put her foot on the gas pedal, ready to push down when he said go.

"Three..."

"Go Star!"

Astra immediately smiled as Orson cheered her on, and she felt her body relax a little. She had no reason to be afraid. The guy was just trying to scare her off, but she was fine. She wasn't going to let him get to her.

"Go!"

Astra slammed her foot on the gas and her kart immediately sped down the race tracks, the same time the guys did. She had no time to react before his kart slammed into hers and she gasped as she started spinning out, slamming into the side of the track.

The guy laughed as he sped past her.

Astra put a hand to her head as it throbbed. She was definitely going to have a headache afterwards.

"Oh, you're on." A smile appeared on her face as she straightened her kart out and slammed on the gas, and her kart immediately started speeding down the tracks again.

The guy was halfway to the finish line, but she somehow caught up with him in less than a minute, and she tried to pass him, but he moved his kart in front of hers to block her.

She wasn't going to win.

Astra saw a shortcut through the tracks. A small opening, leading to a dirt patch, that lead to the other side of the tracks. How did nobody else see it?

It probably wasn't even supposed to be there. It might've been part of the track they were fixing, but she didn't care.

It was a shortcut to her.

Astra laughed as she turned her kart to drive through the small opening, and the guy turned to look behind him with his eyes wide open in shock.

He yelled out in surprise and slammed on his brakes as her kart jumped out from the dirt road and landed right in front of him, making him slam into the wall.

Astra was laughing as her kart passed the finish line.

She slammed on the brakes, and her kart stopped with a harsh jolt. If she wasn't wearing her seatbelt, she would've went flying out.

She felt like a racer from Mario kart, and a huge smile appeared on her face when she thought of her favorite video game.

"Team blue finishes with the time of 2 minutes and 40 seconds!"

2 minutes and 40 seconds. That was the best on her team.

She looked over at Orson on the other side of the tracks, and he smiled.

She was going to race him after all.