Stop Courting

13

When you confronted him to stop courting you.

In the cold night of May I planned to confront the man who kept courting me for 7 years for now. It all started when we were still on College. He came up to me. Actually, he was my enemy. I really hate them. I would say to myself that I would really soul just to avoid him but then it all changed.

He came up to me while blushing and said that he wanted to talk to me at the rooftop but I insisted since I can't stand him, he might insult me again or something but then he really pursued me so I followed until he confessed.

A while back, I didn't have a single feeling for him. Why would I, actually? He was my enemy so I would really treat him as one as what he sees me.

Yet I told him that I don't have feelings for him but he says he's gonna wait for me even when we get old. I just shrugged it off thinking he's gonna lie, I don't believe every word he says back then.

Now, I didn't expect him to stay by my side. He even took the same major as mine when he was already at the verge of ending one of his majors. I realize that I should cherish and treasure this man. No one would stay with me for this long because of how I act, especially my attitude.

“Y/N, what are you zoning out for? You keep stopping in the middle of our walk. Is something wrong? Tell me.” His voice suddenly made me come back from my senses. “I'm fine, Jimin.” I smiled. “Are you cold? I can let you borrow my-” I cut him off, I want to say that he should stop courting me from now on.

“No need, actually Jimin, I have something to tell you.” I said I was trying to be more serious. Now that he is in front of me I can't say a single word. We are at the beach right now. I literally planned to confess this because the beach is one of my favorite places. We always come here, especially on our weekends.

“What is it, Y/N?” He asked, but he made me sit on the sand where he put his blazer so that my outfit wouldn't be covered in sand. The cold breeze hit my skin and made me shiver from the coldness. Only the sound of the waves we can hear as we relax by it.

“What if I told you to stop courting me?” I turned to look at him. Can I really do this even if I hurt his feelings? He stopped for a second while looking me in the eyes.

“It's fine.” He said, even he said that I can already feel how broken he was. “It's all on you, it's your decision.” He looked away, is he going to cry? Oh no.

“I will respect your decision whatever it is.” His trembling voice caught my attention. I feel bad at myself for doing it to him. I'm really sorry Jimin. Now I don't know what to say when he said that.

“So you're going to stop courting me?” I asked and he looked at me with the look on his face that I can't stand anymore. He looked desperate.

“Yes, I can't do anything, right?” He looked down. I feel like I'm the one who's going to cry. That's when I realized he was sobbing, I made him cry. I tried to look him in the eye but he kept avoiding my gaze.

Now I can only hear him sobbing and the sound of waves. “Do you want to know why I made you stop courting me?” I cupped his cheeks.

“W-Why?” He sobbed and I suddenly gave him my warmest hug. “You won't be courting me from now on.” I secretly smiled. “Because we are gonna be in a relationship and you will be my boyfriend.” I said that made him stop from sobbing. “You fool.” He backed away after realizing what I pulled.

“I'm sorry, my love.” I called him for the very first time. “What's the point of my life if you made me stop from courting you?” He hugged me. “Fool, for now I will be forever by your side, let's get married after.” I chuckled.

I feel bad for myself that I made him cry but still it's all worth it because his reaction is priceless. I don't deserve this man, the most greenest flag of all.