09

Brooklyn woke up groaning as she was slapped in the face with a migraine and she looked next to her seeing Trey was sound asleep and she threw the covers off of her.

She couldn't remember what happened last night only thing she remembered was talking to Leah and everything else is pretty much a blur.

Brooklyn walked to his bathroom and began raiding his cabinet and she began looking and she came across pills that were his and she squinted her eyes looking at the name.

"Olanzapine" Brooklyn read out to herself and she furrowed her eyebrows and she saw the bottle was half full meaning he wasn't taking it whatever it was for.

Brooklyn put it back and she kept looking until she found the tylenol and she opened it taking it and she looked in the mirror sighing.

"What happened to you" Brooklyn asked herself she always remembered when she was young she had hopes for herself big goals but now that was older those dreams that she had planned out for herself was starting to become not real.

She realized that adults never spoke on how serious life gets after high school how hard reality actually smacks you in the face she wish she could go back to high school because being an adult wasn't fun.

Not to mention that his funeral was this Friday and she was pondering on going she didn't really want to see Marcell like that she hated funerals she hated how the people would dress them up in so much makeup but her least favorite part was when the casket closed because she knew that once that casket closed they wasn't coming back and death was something that freaked her out knowing that one day she was going to die and that she couldn't escape it or how she didn't know when or how she would die the afterlife everything about death spooked her.

" I see that your up" Trey looked at her as she walked past her lifting the toilet seat up and using the bathroom.

"Yea I got a day ahead of me" Brooklyn sighed yawning and Trey looked at her.

"We need to talk" They both spoke at the same time and Brooklyn squinted her eyes as he washed his hands looking at her.

"You first" Brooklyn nodded and he looked down at her.

"Why are you doing bars" Trey held the bag up and Brooklyn tried to take it and he held it back and she rolled her eyes.

"It helps with anxiety and the depression from losing my ex boyfriend now can you hand it back" She held her hand out and Trey flushed it down the toilet and Brooklyn's mouth dropped.

"Trey-

"Brooklyn those aren't even real bars your going to end up killing yourself it's other ways to cope"

"Not working at a strip club there isn't" Brooklyn muttered not wanting to talk to him anymore as she turned to leave but he jumped in front of her locking the door.

"You don't get to just leave Brooklyn I'm your best-

"Really so why do you have prescribed pills that's half full even though it says take daily Trey" Brooklyn looked at him getting loud and he looked at her in shock.

"You went through my shit"

"You damn skippy I was looking for some tylenol now answer my question since apparently we're playing twenty one questions"

"It's my business"

"Wow that's fair you get to lecture me but I can't even ask you anything about your life real fair Trey real fair"Brooklyn scoffed and Trey rolled his eyes.

"Lecture you I'm trying to warn you I've lost people to those damn pills I understand you wanna feel good but it's other ways to feel good"

"Crazy I never remembered when he had so many secrets we told each other everything what happened to that"

"I have bipolar disorder is that what you wanna know Brooklyn sometimes i'm happy sometimes i'm sad sometimes I don't even know who I am is that what you wanna hear" Trey laughed as he grew irritated because she wasn't listening to him.

Brooklyn stopped and looked at him never in a million years would she suspect that her best friend struggled with his mental health.

"Why didn't you tell me"

"I tried but I don't like telling anyone how I feel especially you I don't want you looking at me differently"

Brooklyn grabbed his face " I would never look at you differently I love you Trey nothing could make me look at you differently"

Trey looked at her seeing a sparkle in her eyes and he wanted nothing more but to kiss her so badly but he knew she didn't look at him like that especially after Marcell being killed she wasn't going to date anyone anytime soon.