30

"Yes i'm going over there tonight I mean I know last week I said I hated him but that was all lies I love my baby daddy we just don't got no kids" Mirah laughed and Brooklyn laughed with her as they sat at the receptionist desk waiting on people to come.

"Yea i'm not taking you serious because I really thought we were going to have to slash this nigga tires or something" Brooklyn rolled her eyes thinking back to how dramatic Mirah was last week.

"Well what about you I mean you and Trey still not swapping spit I mean I would've thought y'all would be on y'all second kid by now" Mirah joked and Brooklyn glared at her.

"No actually I don't know I mean he's been out doing him after he made me promise not to talk or do other niggas but some girl texted him last night saying how she misses him and some more but I don't know it's just ugh"Brooklyn sighed out of frustration because she didn't know what was going on between them so when it came to explaining it she was lost because she knew the feelings were there but she could never explain their situation without confusing herself.

"Girl why would you ever agree to that and plus it's plenty of finee and I do mean fine men that works here even some that has their eye on you"

Brooklyn raised her eyebrows looking at Mirah and Mirah smirked as one came their way and Brooklyn looked at him.

"Um Brooklyn this old lady is requesting a female nurse and everyone else is on break can you come talk to her she's blind I don't know how she knew I was a dude"

"Nate she probably smelled the perfume and blind people use their nose to see things but where is she" Brooklyn slid back and Mirah looked at her nodding her head.

"Room 305"

Nate watched as Brooklyn walked away and Mirah slid her chair into his view "You like her don't you-

"What no I don't like her" Nate scoffed and Mirah pursed her lips and she looked at him.

"Why lie your nose is growing and growing and growing and growing and-

"Okay fine so what isn't like she's gonna talk to me"Nate leaned at the counter and Mirah laughed as she flicked him in the head.

"Because you niggas don't ever approach her just drool over her trust me Nate you not the only one with their eye on her some of our co-workers aren't going to waste no time so if I were you I'd make a move"

Brooklyn had knocked on the door seeing the woman in a chair facing the window and she saw her head turn towards her.

"What's that smell" The lady covered her nose in horror and Brooklyn looked around confused it smelled nice in here so she didn't know what smell she was talking about.

"I'm sorry Ms.Gladys but what smell there isn't a smell-

Ms.Gladys grabbed Brooklyn's hands and looked up at her with tears coming out of her eyes.

"It's you child you bring the smell of death in here I smell death and fear coming off of you such a horrible smell for a young child"

Brooklyn opened her mouth in horror and she quickly pulled back her hands and the lady shook her head.

"Your going to die soon child your going to die"

Brooklyn looked at her confused "No i'm not what are you talking about"

"Child my nose never lies but I see death and fear I smell it coming off you my apologies I didn't mean to scare you but there is nothing you can do about you'll know when the time comes but for now just pray just pray that whatever evil is coming your way that you can fight it off."

Brooklyn gulped and she looked around "What exactly did you need"

"Fresh sheets my dear but don't worry Brooklyn there is no need to be afraid just pray my dear"

"What the fuck" Brooklyn whispered to herself not knowing how the lady knew her name because she never told her she didn't even know if she wanted to take her serious so she just left and walked back seeing Nate and Mirah talking and Mirah looked back at her.

"Why you look like you seen a ghost"

"The old lady was just tripping that's all she want some clean sheets"Brooklyn sat back down looking at Nate and he nodded.

"Thanks Brooklyn"

"He likes you he's just scared"Mirah hinted and Brooklyn shook her head.

"Well he missed out i'm done with niggas for the rest of my life"Brooklyn rolled her eyes thinking about Marcell and Trey.

"That's a kinda harsh thing to say I mean I think the reason why you end up disappointed it because your looking for love stop looking we are young I mean your only nineteen" Mirah looked at her.

"It's just I want the happy ending I want the love I deserve because i'm a good person but I don't-

"Well give Nate a chance I know your scared but what harm is a couple dates going to do I mean he's attractive your attractive I don't know touch each other's private parts have some fun"Mirah laughed wiggling her fingers.

Brooklyn stale faced her and Mirah laughed "Well we going to the bar tonight and nate is coming and your coming and your going to dress sexy"

Brooklyn laughed"Bitch do you know how cold it is outside"

"Sooo we just going for a couple drinks a lil dances you know get lit because Nate bringing his friend and Darnell and I heard Darnell slang so do me a favor help a girl out"

Brooklyn laughed "Okay I will but I'm about to clock out I ain't realize it was time for me to go"z

"Girl I know that's right I don't waste no time leaving this nasty place but see you later boo" Mirah waved as Brooklyn waved at her.

"Don't get too fucked up tonight"Brooklyn whispered to herself.