37

Brooklyn walked through the abandoned house confused why Nate asked to meet her there and she heard a thud and she turned around seeing Nate stand there with his ski mask on and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nate what the fuck is going on" Brooklyn asked him as he looked out the windows and he looked at her and he grabbed her hands.

Nate gave her a fat stack of cash and Brooklyn looked at him confused"Nate-

"Brooklyn you have to leave tonight that's enough money to get you out and start a new life i'll help you get settled in"

Brooklyn laughed " Why the fuck would I be moving-

"Your in danger Brooklyn I can't tell you everything but there are people watching you people who are going to come after you please take the money and leave"Nate looked at her and Brooklyn stepped back.

"What did you get me into"Brooklyn looked at him and he sighed wiping his face.

"I did nothing to you but Brooklyn please get away from him he's dragging you into shit that has nothing to do with you please listen to me"

"No you listen to me don't call me no more this is a sick joke that's funny and take your fucking money and to believe that I thought you were different but your like everyone else"Brooklyn quickly wiped the tears away and she walked away and Nate sighed.

"I tried to save you"Nate watched as she got in her car pulling off.

Brooklyn wiped the tears from her eyes as she kept replaying what he said and it clicked in her head there was only one person that he could be referring too.

" No he wouldn't he promised me he would never get me involved in his business he promised me"Brooklyn shook the thought from her head as she drove home:

Brooklyn parked in the driveway and she locked the door and she walked up the stairs and she went to stick her key in the door but she watched as it was already unlocked and she looked on the carpet seeing red footprints and she grabbed her gun that she kept underneath her couch and she saw the light to the bathroom was on and she closed the door and she walked to the bathroom and she kicked the door open seeing Trey drenched in blood that she knew wasn't his.

Brooklyn lowered her gun as he looked at her usually he would never want her to see him like this but he didn't care no more.

"W-What did you do"Brooklyn watched as he removed his clothes and he walked closer to Brooklyn and she stepped back and he grabbed her.

" I did nothing but what I've always done no need to be scared I wouldn't hurt you why are you here I thought you was playing house with that lil nigga"

"I cut him off we weren't a match"

Trey nodded and he grabbed her chin as the tears built up in her eyes and he let her go.

Brooklyn watched as he closed the door and she tried to call Nate and text him but it only went to voice mail and he messages stopped going through.

Brooklyn wiped her eyes as she realized that Nate was right.