34

Brooklyn made eye contact with Nate and she quickly turned around it had been a week since the encounter between them and she had been avoiding him like crazy from work to texts and phone calls.

Brooklyn looked behind her as she slipped in the janitor closet and she closed the door as she hid herself behind the cleaning supplies and she texted Mirah frustrated she didn't tell her that he was on her floor.

Brooklyn shut her phone off as she saw the door open and she saw the door close and the light come on and Nate looked at her and Brooklyn turned her head and Nate grabbed her hands pulling her out and he grabbed her chin.

"Why you been on that with me"

"I-I-don't know what your talking about I was just uh looking for this"Brooklyn smiled grabbing the random bottle off the shelf.

Nate licked his lips "You must don't fuck with me I mean it's cool but allat avoiding a nigga we grown baby you don't gotta do that let me know"

Brooklyn sighed as she heard Mirah's voice in her head and she pushed it out and she sat the bottle down "I do I just didn't wanna-

"Get attached I mean did you think I didn't Brooklyn what I did with you was way more than sex I don't just leave these on hoes neck" He said pointing to her neck and Brooklyn moved his hand.

"But-

"So what is it you gon fuck with me or you just wanted it to be a one time thing I mean let's clear it up now i'm grown baby"He sighed cutting her off.

"I don't know if I want a relationship right now but I like you I find myself wanting to be with you I don't know when we did it I connected to you in a different way"Brooklyn grabbed his hands.

"Because I didn't fuck you I got intimate with you the shit I did to you I don't do to girls I plan on leaving I actually like you we don't gotta be together but I do wanna be around you we ain't gotta be together but we know what's up" He pulled her in and Brooklyn nodded and he grabbed her by her neck kissing her.

"You gon stop playing"He looked at her as she bit her lips trying to hold her moan in and she nodded and he kissed her lips.

"I'm coming to get you after work so when I call answer" Nate kissed her on the lips and Brooklyn watched as she left and she smiled as she smelled his cologne.

Brooklyn collected herself and she walked out the closet and she felt a hard shove and she looked up seeing it was the man from the corner store and she had accidentally knocked the flowers out of his hand.

"Oh shit I'm sorry-wait you the guy from the store the one who bought my snacks"Brooklyn smiled and he laughed.

"Yea that's me Brooklyn"He looked at her name tag and Brooklyn smiled and he nodded.

"Dushane yea I know it's weird but I'm not from here i'm from the islands"

Brooklyn was going to engage in more conversation but the she remembered Mr.Charlie's voice but then again he didn't sound like a bad guy.

"Well nice seeing you I would talk more but I uh have to get back to work"

"Well give me your number then you know in case I get hurt might need you to help me"He smiled and Brooklyn laughed as she wrote it on his hand.

"I'll text you"

Brooklyn smiled as he walked past but quickly dropped as she saw her boss watching her and she frowned.