Part 59 - Rehersals

Manik opened his eyes and straightened his back streching as it did pain due to sleeping on the couch. He then looked at his watch it was 3:00 am. the blanket caught his attention, he then realised there was a pillow too which made him smile as it wasn't difficult to guess who cared so much so he looked at nandini, who was sleeping. Her cheek rested on the table above her hand. She was still wearing glasses and it was the first time he saw in specs. She did look cute in those glasses and all he wanted to do was pull her cheeks and kiss them hard. He moved to the washroom to wash his face as he had to drive so needed to be fresh. After searching a little he finally found the washroom. He saw his reflection in the mirror and touched the mark of lipstick on his forehead. His smile couldn't stop, it reached his eyes. He then washed his face and moved back to her cabin. He laptop was still on. He didn't want to see what was she doing as it might have company's confidential information but also didn't want to risk her work being unsaved so he just saved the file without paying attention to the content and closed the laptop and first took the laptop bag and her bag to the car then came back up and lifted her up in his arms in bridal style and took her to the car. She opened her eyes a little saw him smiling at her and then closed it back snuggling in him. The watchman helped him open the car door. He placed her carefully on the front seat and fastened the seatbelt. He then slowly removed her specs and took them with him and sat on the driver seat. He placed the specs in  the box and kept it inside her bag then drove to her house.

The car was parked in front of the gate of kapoor mansion. He didn't want to disturb their sleep so he texted Ragini hoping she would be awake as the lights of Nandini's room were on. Luckily she answered in a second. And came down to open the gate. He then again picked up nandini. Nandini encircled her hands around his neck still asleep.

Ragini - (slowly so nandini doesn't wake up) haaayeee jijuuuu!!!! So romantic

Manik smiled

Manik - (same tone as Ragini's) waise tumhari date kaisi thi

This made Ragini blush.

Manik - kaun ho tum?

Ragini was confused

Manik - sach batao kaun ho tum aur meri chabu ko kaha chupaya hai?

Ragini still didn't understand

Manik - meri chabu sharmane waalo mein se toh bilkul nhi hai!!!

Now Ragini understood and blushed again

Manik - hAaye Ram laksh ne kya kar diya hai tumhare saath.... Matlab Puri meri saali hi badal daali

Ragini - nahi, matlab humari first date thi so..... (Blushing) thodi extra special thi.

Manik - (smiling) acha hai, warna mujhe romance mein laksh se koi khaas expectations they nahi

Both laughed

They entered the house and saw Manish and Swarna standing there. Of course they didn't sleep, their daughter was out though they knew Manik was there with her but still it was late and they were parents. Manish told Manik to take her to her room through his eyes. Ragini was holding Nandini's bag and laptop.

Ragini kept Nandini's belongings in her room and left. Manik carefully placed nandini on her bed and kissed her forehead softly. She opened her eyes half and smiled looking at him. He didn't leave eye contact.

Manik - Goodnight Love

Nandini closed her eyes and murmered turning the other side.

Nandini - goodnight

He looked at her for a few more minutes and then joined the others in the living room. He touched Manish and Swarna's feet and they blessed him.

Manish - Thankyou beta