PART 13 - Engagement Preparation

The boys entered Malhotra mansion, wished each other good night and left for respective rooms where they changed clothes, brushed their teeth and did their daily things and crashed on the bed.

******

As usual ragini slept in nandini's room after doing everything. Everyone slept except 1 and that was nandini. Nandini was sitting in her balcony, on a swing wearing specs and writing something. She was writing her diary which wasn't a perfect diary but a confession book - where she listed down all her confession since the age of 17. Her first crush, her mistakes, her bad days, her best days, her feelings, everything was there date wise. Today she had lots to confess - her feelings for manik which were still unknown to her or maybe deep within she knew but didn't want to give it name so soon as she wanted to be 100% sure and not jump onto conclusion as they hardly knew each other. She listed down everything - the feelings she had when he kissed her, when he held her hand, when he winked, when he made her feel special, when he flirted a bit with her. She then opened the page where she had written

"you know diary i want my love to kiss me first on my forehead as a kiss on the forehead signifies care and care is the first step towards love or starting of a relationship. It's just a wish lets see what happens......"

She blushed reading that. Manik unknowingly fulfilled her wish. Its not that if he would have kissed her first on someother place her feelings would have changed for him but this was something like a dream to her.

Ragini - (in half sleep) dii jaldi aao naa...

Nandini - (smiling) coming...

Nandini smiled thinking she had to confession books - one the actual book and one walking talking book which was none other than Ragini kapoor. She then kept aside the thoughts and got up. She safely kept the book in her cupboard and slept besides ragini. As soon as she slept Ragini hugged her tightly and slept.

********

Next morning

@ Malhotra mansion

ManLak were waiting at the dining for breakfast but seemed that no one was interested to serve them. All the servants were busy. Some were out in the market bringing things listed by Nyonika, some in cleaning the mansion, some decorating as from today onwards close relatives were coming, some helping Nyonika and some Raj. Nyonika and Raj were busy in calling the guests and inviting them. ManLak were hitting the spoon on the plate to grab their mom's attention towards her hungry sons but no one paid heed to them.

Laksh - bhai aaj mujhe nahi lagta koi hume breakfast dega...

Manik - (shouting so that Nyonika could hear) maa bhook lagg rahi hai....

Nyonika looked towards them and they made the most innocent faces but she got back to her phone conversation.

Nyonika - jii mausiji aapko toh aana hi hoga... Arre aapke laadle manik ki engagement hai... Haa....... Ji......

Manik - waah muh par ignore....

laksh - rehne do bhai koi humse pyaar nahi karta (fake crying)

Manik then looked towards his dad

Raj - (on call) ji maa... Train kaha tak pohochi.... Toh maa maine kaha tha naa ki flight mein aajaie dekhiye late ho gyi naa train..... Ji main laksh aur manik dono ko bhej dunga aapko lene.... Ji.....