PART 8 - Family!!! ❤

I dont know anything about punjabi marriages as i am a marwadi so i am writing it in marwadi style. I hope you won't mind. And i personally feel that there is not much difference in them.....

@ next morning

Both the families decided to meet the next day.

It was a very hectic day as both the families were busy arranging gifts and all incase the match is fixed so they can do the hookara ceremony (hookara is basically giving some shagun that is in form of gifts and finalizing the relationship)

Everyone was running here and there. Raj and Manish were not allowed to go to the office even when they had really important work but both the father's had to obey the mother's.

They all went for shopping.

After shopping
Mukti and her parents to came home to help packing the gifts.

It was evening by now and still they wore working as Nyonika wanted everything to be just perfect, same was the case in kapoor mansion. Ragini was so irritated due to continuous instructions from her mother about packing.

Swarna - Ragini kya kar rahi ho? Dekho tumne cellotape tedhi lagai hai...

Ragini - Mumma!!! Cellotape ko kaun dekhta hai?

Swarna - main dekhti hoon... Jldi isse nikalo aur sidhi lagao...

Ragini - god!! Whats wrong with her...

Nandini and Manish were enjoying this.

Swarna - (to Manish) aap kya waha baithe baithe hass rahe hai.... Idhar aakr help kijiye humari...

Manish - yes maam.... Waise jaan itne servants hai humare ghar toh tum kyu

Swarna - (interuppting) kyuki nandini unki nahi humari beti hai.

Nandini's phone was ringing. Seeing the caller an instant smile broke on her face. Without wasting a second she picked up the call and went in her room.

Manik - (teasing) lagta hai koi mere hi phone ka wait kar raha tha!!!

She bit her tongue realizing she picked up the phone in just a ring.

Manik - so nervous?

Nandini - bohot zyaada...

Manik - (nervously) main bhi.
Waise nandini tum khush toh ho naa yeh shaadi se. I mean....

Nandini - (smiling at his concern)(she thought of teasing him) nahi mujhe yeh shaadi bilkul nahi karni aur aapse toh bilkul nahi...

Manik's face lost all his colour. His face fell. He really liked her and was looking forward to know her more but her answer broke his little heart.

Manik - (somehow composed himself) don't worry i will tell mom no if you can't.

She couldn't control her laugh anymore. She was laughing hard. Manik was first confused but then realized it was just a prank. He rolled his tongue inside his mouth.

Manik - ohh so you are teasing me?

Nandini - yeah... (still laughing)
You must be looking so cute with that sad pouty face...hahaha...

Manik - ab iss tease ki punishment toh milegi. (he said smirking)

Nandini - (she stopped laughing) punishment?

Manik - haa bilkul.

Nandini - kaunsi punishment?
(nervous)

Manik - yeh punishment ke you have to make it up to me...