Part 63 - Mayra & Sangeet

Next morning was Mayra function for Nyonika and Swarna respectively. Mayra is an Indian ritual it plays an important role in Hindu weddings specially Marwari weddings. In this ritual the maternal side of bride's family celebrate and bless the groom and bride with gifts, jewellery along with clothes and sweets to the family of his sister, signifying their love. The function is for the mothers. Nandini wore a simple gown cum saree just to see the function and was sitting beside Ragini who wore a plain gown. Simultaneously in another hall the same function was going on for Malhotras. ManLak wore formals.

Nyonika had a phoolon ki chaddar waali entry and swarna had entry in a doli. They wore heavy lehengas. Swarna was in hot pink and Nyonika in crimson red. The ceremony ended with loads of laughter, happiness and dancing. In the Evening Sangeet Ceremony was to be held. Everyone had their lunch and went to their rooms to rest. Ragini was checking the arrangements so she was in the hall where Sangeet shall take place.

Nandini was applying cream on her face when she received a message.

Manik - "I Missed You"

Nandini replied with a smile.

Nandini - "I didn't🙃😌"

Manik - "chal jhooti"

Nandini - "okay but thodu saa"

Manik - "chalo bhai bilkul nahi se toh better hai😒"

Nandini - "😂"

And then they were chatting for a while.

@ hall

Ragini was sitting on the couch and looking at the decorations which were happening. Laksh came and sat beside her.

Laksh - hii

That's when she noticed

Ragini - (with a smile) heyy cutie

Laksh - Ragini yeh joh tum mujhe chedti rehti ho naa saara din Kasam se maar dunga kissi din tumhe.

Ragini - awww (placing her head on his shoulder and encircling his arms.)
Fir zindagi bhar single rehna padega

Laksh - areee bohot achi achi ladkiya hai joh mujh par Jaan chidakti hai... Ptta lunga kissko bhi. Single rahe mere dushman

Ragini hit him on his arm.

Ragini - beta mere alawa kissi aur ko ptaya naa toh chudail bnke ghumungi tumhare piche.

Laksh - (slowly) toh ab kaunsi heroine bnke gum rahi hai

Ragini - haa?

Laksh - (moving slightly away) kuch nahi

Ragini - (moving closer) kya bola tumne

Laksh got up and moved slightly away scared

Laksh - k...k...kuch nahi

Ragini - chudail haaa....

He started running while she chased him. Both were laughing.

@ Sangeet

MaNan entered standing on a Ring shaped prop holding each other's hand. Nandini wore a beautiful green crop top skirt with glitters all over.

 Nandini wore a beautiful green crop top skirt with glitters all over