58-60

Chapter 58: The First Place Will Get A Prize

At the dean’s office, Ning Li followed Geng Haifan, and when they reached the entrance, she heard someone bellowing inside.

“You little rascal! Do you think you are all grown up now? How can you cheat in your exam?! Come here!”

Ning Li was shocked by the voice.

Geng Haifan quickly went in.

A buff middle-aged man was pointing at the boy hiding behind the desk, and it was apparent how furious he was.

Duan Xu said in grievance, “Dad, I’m sorry! Please just give me a chance!”

“I’ll give your—” Considering it was the teacher’s office and there were still teachers around, Duan Dajiang forcefully swallowed the words back. “You said you were sorry? But this is how you apologize?”

Duan Xu stayed quiet, not daring to walk over.

His father’s slap was so terrifying that no normal man could take it!

Zhang Yuan had spoken to Duan Dajiang before, so he knew how rough the man could be.

“Mr. Duan, please calm down! What happened has already happened. Scolding and punishing your child doesn’t have much meaning now, does it? The most important thing now is to find out the truth. As long as the boy can correct his mistake, everything can be discussed.”

Then, Zhang Yuan saw Geng Haifan and Ning Li coming into the office. He quickly waved at his colleague.

“Is Ning Li here?”

Duan Dajiang turned around and saw a beautiful and reserved girl walking in.

A slight surprise later, he turned around to Duan Xu. “You? You copied her answers during the test?”

Everyone else was silenced. It was not necessary for him to be this straightforward.

“My family is busy, but I’ll be responsible for what I did,” Ning Li said.

Sun Quan nodded. “It’s okay.”

They believed Ning Li more than Duan Xu. Telling her to call her parents was just a formality. The key to this incident was Duan Xu.

“Since everyone is here, let’s have a look at the surveillance footage.”

Suan Quan then clicked and typed on the computer to bring up the footage of both exam days.

Duan Xu cautiously walked over. ‘There are so many people here. I think Dad won’t beat me in public…right?’

With that in mind, Duan Dajiang pouted his lips as a signal and asked softly, “Do you know her?”

He did not sound angry at all. Instead, he sounded curious as if he was a paparazzi asking for a scoop.

Duan Xu was curious. “Uh, not really?”

“If you don’t know her, why would she let you copy her answers?” Duan Dajiang sounded like he had seen through the entire incident.

Duan Xu had a feeling that something was not right.

“Wait, Dad—”

Duan Dajiang tapped his son’s shoulder, and his eyes showed rare praise. “You good-for-nothing rascal, you can copy answers, yet your results are still so poor, but I have to give it to you for your taste. Remember, you are in your third year, so you can’t be distracted!”

Duan Xu reacted to his father’s words with a poker face. “Dad, what are you going on about?”

His father raised his head and said, “Look at it yourself.”