205-207

Chapter 205: Completely Awake

Somehow, Ning Li could sense the questioning tone in Lu Huaiyu’s words.

She spoke somewhat nervously, “I-I remember that you told me to wait for you at the sitting area…”

Lu Huaiyu let out a very faint “oh”.

‘That means she has forgotten everything that happened after… She’s forgotten how she leaned over and refused to let go of my shirt, or how timid and dependent she had been when she had asked him to bring her home. How she had almost cried because she couldn’t change out of her pajamas and had to be led to her zipper… Her memory of last night has been wiped clean? Hmm, how interesting…’

Ning Li was clueless as to how she had ended up in the guest bedroom of Yunding Fenghua when all she could remember was waiting for Lu Huaiyu next to the banquet hall.

She regretted it a little.

Ning Li had only drank one glass of champagne, so why was the after-effect so strong?

Lu Huaiyu did not say anything. Ning Li felt that Lu Huaiyu’s gaze seemed a little different from before, but she could not pinpoint what it was.

She pinched a corner of her pajamas, swept a glance at Lu Huaiyu, and asked tentatively, “Second Brother, I-I didn’t do anything overboard last night, did I?”

Lu Huaiyu looked at her for a while before he spoke with a smile, “No.”

Only then did Ning Li feel more settled. “Then…these pajamas…”

Actually, she could vaguely recall that she changed into them herself.

That was because the dress she had worn yesterday was strewn across the floor of the guest bedroom.

If “someone” had helped her, they would not have left it like that, right?

“You were drunk last night and didn’t want to go back to the Ye family home, so I brought you back here.”

Lu Huaiyu said lightly, then took a step back and sized her up.

“This set looks like it fits you.”

His words confirmed that she had changed herself.

Ning Li followed his line of sight and took a look at herself.

The baby blue pajamas even had a pair of rabbit ears.

It matched her pair of pink carrot slippers.

After some thought, she asked, “Second Brother, whose pajamas am I wearing?”

Lu Huaiyu lived alone, so why would he have such things?

His expression was calm as he said, “There was a buy one get one free sale at the mall. The cleaning lady bought it.”

‘Buy one…free one?’

Ning Li felt a little incredulous.

The cleaning lady Lu Huaiyu hired actually went to the mall to buy such things during sales?

“I didn’t want it initially, but after thinking about it, I kept it. Then you won’t have to wear mine next time and tell me that I can’t wear it after.”

Lu Huaiyu raised his eyebrows and added, “I only have a few sets of pajamas, so at this rate, it’ll probably be all yours. Then, what am I to wear?”

Ning Li’s face heated up.

She knew that Lu Huaiyu was only teasing her, but she still felt embarrassed.