499-501

Chapter 499: The Kid From the Lu Family, Deep in Thought

The staff member was very surprised, but he still answered immediately.

“Yes.”

As he spoke, he took a gift box out from behind the counter.

“Do you need me to wrap it for you?”

Lu Huaiyu was about to nod, but after thinking for a while, he said, “No.”

Then, he immediately took the gift box over.

There were a total of eight stars in this starry lollipop gift box, representing the eight planets of the Solar System.

He casually picked up the third lollipop and put it into his suit pocket.

“Put the rest away.”

“Yes, sir.”

Just then, footsteps came from behind.

“Second Master Lu.”

A polite and earnest voice sounded.

Lu Huaiyu turned around.

A total of five people had come. They were all from the Carlsberg Auction House.

The one who had spoken was a man in his forties– the vice president of the auction house, Sheng Yan.

Behind him were four people, including three executives of the auction house and the auctioneer, Yan Fei.

Lu Huaiyu shook hands with Sheng Yan.

“Vice President Sheng.”

A senior executive behind him was about to extend his hand when Lu Huaiyu lightly nodded.

That person understood and withdrew his hand.

The staff had already packed the gift box and sent it over.

Lu Huaiyu took it.

Sheng Yan took a look and smiled in surprise.

“Second Master Lu, are you bringing a small gift for someone?”

Lu Huaiyu thought for a moment and smiled.

“Yes, she likes to eat sweets.”

He usually appeared to be extremely cold and reserved. Now that he had smiled, there was a hint of indulgence and gentleness in the corners of his eyes and brows.

Yan Fei’s heart skipped a beat. She smiled and said,?“It seems that Second Master Lu really dotes on this person.”

Lu Huaiyu raised the tip of his brows slightly.

“There’s only one of her, so of course, she should be doted on.”

Yan Fei was stunned.

When she heard this, she felt that something was not quite right...

Sheng Yan asked,?“I wonder if Second Master Lu is free to attend tonight’s Banquet?”

Lu Huaiyu knew that he was referring to the banquet that was jointly organized by the Gu family’s Jockey Club and the Carlsberg Auction House.

Many bigwigs from all walks of life would attend this grand event. Hence, this was considered the most suitable venue to socialize.

Therefore, most people would give face and attend.

However, Lu Huaiyu was different.

He had come to Hong Kong City a few times and rarely appeared in public on such occasions.

[ON HOLD] (1)The Little Brat's Sweet And SassyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara