73-75

Chapter 73: A Visit

Ye Cheng finally calmed down.

“Okay, I’ll go.”

He reluctantly went downstairs.

“I told you, I don’t want to go! The equestrian class is boring!”

Ye Cheng had signed up for an equestrian class this summer. There were two classes per month, but the boy was not interested at all.

He had to change into an equestrian uniform every time, and the coach would lecture him about the correct poses. It was all very frustrating.

On top of that, the boy was heavier than the others, and it made him look clumsy every time he tried to climb up the horse. His clumsy movements made him a joke to his peers.

However, Su Yuan insisted on sending him to the class. No matter how much he disliked it or much he pleaded, he would always get the same answer: “you must go”.

Aunt Zhao waited for him at a side with the bag of uniform and helmet for the equestrian class.

Su Yuan frowned when he heard the boy’s complaint.

“Your sister’s equestrian skills are improving. You shouldn’t be left behind!”

All the children of wealthy families in Yunzhou had to undergo training and tuition for almost everything, equestrian being one of the popular choices.

Ye Cheng quietened down a bit when Su Yuan mentioned Ye Ci.

“Sis is always great.”

Su Yuan’s furrowed brows softened.

“When I sent your sister to equestrian class, she was only 8 years old, just a little younger than you, but she never skipped any of the classes and attended them no matter what. Why can’t you be more like your sister?”

Ye Cheng when silent.

“She had a rough start as well, but she persevered with sheer will and hard work. You can’t be lazy. If your sister finds out about it, she will laugh at you.”

Aunt Zhao smiled and said, “That’s right, little master. Madam canceled all her meetings today just to fetch you to class and accompany you. Besides, if everyone knows how to ride a horse but not you, you will become a joke to others.”

Ye Cheng scoffed and raised his voice, “Even so, I won’t be a joke!”

The boy subtly glanced at Ning Li behind him.

Su Yuan’s smile faded a little as she unconsciously looked at the girl as well.

Ning Li was still leaning on the door frame with a nonchalant expression, seeming to show no interest in all of this.

Then, Su Yuan looked away. “Your sister Ning Li didn’t have the chance when she was younger, but you do, so you must cherish it!”

Ye Cheng pouted sourly and went out.

Su Yuan followed him but turned around for one last glance before she walked out of the door.

At that point, Ning Li had gone back into her room with the door tightly shut.

Aunt Zhao was a little nervous. “Madam, I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s fine. You are telling the truth anyway. I did think of bringing her along, but she’s already in her third year, so it’s not suitable to distract her.” Su Yuan shook her head.

Besides, she believed that given Ning Li’s temper, the girl would never have agreed. She did not even show interest in attending etiquette class, let alone equestrian.