493-495

Chapter 493: Have You Thought About It Yet?

There was a moment of silence in the private room.

After a moment, Gu Tinglan laughed.

“Then these two are quite interesting.”

The competition for the championship this round was even more intense than expected.

Following the endless cheers from the stands, the battle between Number 5 and Number 6 was intense throughout. It was almost impossible to tell who was better.

Yu Pingchuan stood at the corridor and held the railing tightly with one hand. His heart was so nervous that it felt like it was about to jump out of his chest.

Finally, at the last moment, Number 5 overtook him again and jumped over the finish line!

The shrieks and whistles resounded throughout the entire Dutian Racecourse.

Yu Pingchuan let out a long sigh of relief.

“It’s alright, it’s alright!”

He touched his forehead and realized that he was sweating buckets.

He turned his head to look at Ning Li with both joy and relief.

“Number 5 is really good! If he had lost this round, I would have really lost everything in Hong Kong City.”

Ning Li also let out a sigh of relief. Then, she tapped on her phone with her finger. Only then did she look up and laugh.

“Exactly.”

Yu Pingchuan then spoke again with a little regret.

“Ah Li, you really should have bet more.”

Ning Li’s eyelids drooped slightly. After a long while, she finally curved her eyes in a smile.

“You should at least let me keep some of my living expenses. If I really lose all of it, I’ll be in debt…”

She rubbed her temples.

“That feeling probably won’t be very good.”

Hong Kong Airport.

It was already five o’clock in the evening when Lu Huaiyu got off the plane.

Hong Kong City’s summer was hot and humid. Even the wind was a little dry.

He lowered his head and looked at his phone.

The first round of the third day of the Jockey Club had been won by Number 5.

He raised his eyebrows and was about to put his phone away.

Almost at the same time, an unknown number called.

He pressed the answer button.

A respectful and polite male voice came from the receiver.

“Hello, Gambler has transferred 15 million US dollars to your account three minutes ago. The second payment has been paid off. Please check it.”

Lu Huaiyu did not say anything. He only raised his eyebrows slightly and pressed an asterisk to indicate that he understood.

The other party then hung up.

Lu Huaiyu then turned off his phone screen.

After the horse race event, the Gu family held a small celebration party at Bansen Hotel.