415-417

Chapter 415: Birthday

There was a moment of dead silence in the living room.

Su Yuan followed his line of sight and saw Ning Li pushing the door open and entering. Her expression was extremely calm.

Ye Cheng’s words made her extremely embarrassed. After a long while, she finally said, “Ning Li, you’re back.”

Ning Li gave a faint “Hmm” and raised her feet to walk upstairs. It was as if she did not care about what had just happened.

However, the more she acted like this, the more upset Su Yuan became.

This was because everyone in the family knew that Ye Cheng was right.

His words had been blunt to the point of piercing the ear, directly piercing through the layer of disguise on the surface and tearing apart the seemingly complete painting, leaving no room for anyone.

Ever since Ning Li had entered Yunzhou Second High School, she had gotten first place in all the examinations and had even gotten full marks in the National Physics Competition.

Such results were indeed excellent.

She was even much better than Ye Ci had ever been in the past.

In order to train Ye Ci, the Ye family had invested a lot of money and energy.

Dancing, painting, equestrian…

They had hoped that she would become one of the best among the daughters of the Yunzhou aristocratic families.

She had been repeatedly praised by others so often, that both Su Yuan and Ye Ming had felt so proud.

However, Su Yuan could not accept Ning Li’s excellence in peace.

For ten years, for a whole decade, she had forced herself to forget that she still had this daughter. She had not returned to Lincheng even once and had vowed to cut off her whole past.

That failed marriage had only left her with embarrassment and humiliation.

Those were the days that she did not want to recall in her life.

She only wanted to live a relaxed and decent life as Mrs. Ye.

However, Ning Li had finally made a reappearance.

In the ten years of her absence, Ning Li had grown up to become what she was today.

Ning Li was very outstanding. With such results, she was the envy of countless people.

However, what did that have to do with her? What did it have to do with the Ye Family?

Ning Li was her daughter, but everyone knew that custody had fallen to her and she had needed to take her over only because she was underage.

As for the Ye family…

Ning Li was not a daughter of the Ye family.

She had nothing to do with the Ye family at all.

Looking at the slender and straight back, Su Yuan pursed her lips and frowned at Ye Cheng.

“She is her, and you are you! Do you still have the mood to think about this? Your class teacher said that your grades have dropped again recently!”

Ning Li walked to the second floor and left Su Yuan’s reprimand and Ye Cheng’s rebellion behind.

She did not even turn her head. She was too lazy to bother.

When she passed Ye Ci’s room, she heard someone talking inside.