379-381

Chapter 379: Hopes That You Will Cooperate With the Investigation

It was not him who was allowing it.

Of course, there were other people who had gotten used to it.

Ning Li was stunned for a moment. Looking at Lu Huaiyu and his tall and handsome figure, she did not know how to reply.

Suddenly, her phone screen lit up.

The call was from Zhou Fei.

Ning Li picked up the call and tried her best to suppress her rapidly beating heart.

“Hello? Teacher Zhou?”

“Ning Li, where are you now?”

Ning Li Glanced at Lu Huaiyu.

“I… I’m with Second Brother.”

Lu Huaiyu looked at her with interest.

Zhou Fei heaved a sigh of relief.

“That’s good. I won’t be able to accompany you and Pei Song back to Yunzhou tomorrow. I’ll have Lu Huaiyu send you off then.”

He was using Lu Huaiyu to his advantage by leaving Ning Li in Lu Huaiyu’s hands.

Ning Li choked for a moment, but she quickly guessed that he was probably busy running around because of the leak.

Originally, after Ye Ci’s punishment for cheating had been announced, they should have gone back then.

No matter how embarrassing it was for her, no matter how much of a black mark this matter had smeared Yunzhou Second High School, the moment the results of the treatment were out, the matter would have been settled.

Now, however, once the matter of the leak had come out, the situation was much more troublesome than before.

It was very likely that Ye Ci had been detained. As the lead teacher, Zhou Fei naturally had to stay behind to cooperate with the investigation.

Ning Li did not ask too many questions and replied, “Yes.”

“Okay.”

Zhou Fei, on the other hand, fell silent. He wanted to say something but hesitated.

“Ning Li–”

He seemed to be considering how to speak.

Ning Li’s tone was calm.

“Teacher Zhou, if you have anything you want to ask, just say it.”

Hearing her say this, Zhou Fei took a deep breath and finally said, “It’s like this. You’ve seen the news about the leaked exam questions, right?”

“Yes, I saw it in the afternoon.”

“Then… do you know anything about this?”

Zhou Fei’s voice sounded helpless,

“Don’t misunderstand. I’m not doubting you. I just wanted to ask if you knew where Ye Ci had gotten the original exam questions from.”

He had only just found out about this matter.

After Ye Ci had been caught cheating, he and several leaders of the inspection team had gone to the office and seen the cheat sheet that Ye Ci had been caught with and the surveillance video of the whole process.

However, at that time, he had not known that what was on it were the actual questions on the exam paper!

It was not until this evidence had been presented to determine Ye Ci’s punishment that this point was discovered.