523-525

Chapter 523: I’ll Ask Him

The call was from He Xiaochen.

Her voice was filled with indignation.

“Ning Li! There’s someone spreading rumors on the campus forum that you have a boyfriend! This is too much!”

Although she did not want so many people to harass Ning Li, once this rumor was spread, what if no one dared to pursue her as a result of it? What would she do then?

This was her Ning Li, the great beauty! She deserved to be admired! Like all the stars worshipping the moon! Ah!

It was only the first day of military training, how could anyone say that she had a boyfriend?!

What if she missed out on a good one?

“This is Xijing University! There are so many handsome guys here. There hasn’t even been a chance to properly pick one out yet!”

He Xiaochen was very sad.

“I even tried to look for a few from the physical education department today! All of them–”

Ning Li coughed lightly.

“It’s not a rumor.”

“–Huh?”

He Xiaochen’s voice came to an abrupt stop.

The air was silent for a moment.

Ning Li could even imagine what He Xiaochen looked like at that moment.

She said a little helplessly, “I’ve been busy all this while, and you happened to be traveling a lot, so I forgot to tell you.”

Of course, on the other hand... She also did not know how to tell her properly.

He Xiaochen finally came back to her senses. She took a deep breath and exploded.

“Who is it?!”

Which d*mned man was it? He had stolen Ning Li when she had not been paying attention!

It had been just one summer vacation!

Just one summer vacation!

Her beautiful Ning Li had been abducted!

How could this be?!

“Ning Li! You have to be calm! There are so many handsome men in this world that you haven’t even seen before! You have to come out and see more of the world before you can make a decision!”

The thought of how some wild man had gotten a kiss from Ning Li so easily, made He Xiaochen’s heart feel like it was bleeding. She felt like an old mother trying to comfort her.

“How could you have been so careless?!”

Ning Li, “... It’s Lu Huaiyu.”

“I’m telling you, you– What?!”

He Xiaochen’s last syllable suddenly became louder.

Lu Huaiyu.

She only knew of one Lu Huaiyu!

The air seemed to freeze.

He Xiaochen’s voice was drifting.

“You, you... Your Second Brother?”

“Yes.”

He Xiaochen felt as if her soul had scattered, and she did not say anything for a long time.

When Ning Li heard that there was no movement from her end, she called out to her.

“Xiaochen?”

He Xiaochen asked faintly,?“When did it happen?”